Does the v40 do 5G?

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I was at the AT&T store tonight, after watching a bunch of YouTube comparison videos between the iPhone 10 and the G8 and the Samsung S10 Plus, and the v40 really came out shining. I think there's a little problem with focusing but maybe that was fixed after those videos were done. I loved the way it macro focused tonight.

The v40 tonight sounded much better then the v40 I heard the other day at a different AT&T store. Maybe it was because of acoustics because the one tonight certainly sounded loud enough the very clear sound.

To my surprise, I did notice it said 5G on top of the phone screen while Wi-Fi was not on. I never heard that the v40 did 5G. This was in Delray Beach Florida. So I guess they're putting 5G here. Do any of you know anything about the v40 and 5G? I thought that the v50 was going to be the first one.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
AT&T has been advertising "5G Evolution." It gives a similar icon to 5G, but it's actually 5Ge. Basically, it's just a speed boosted 4G LTE connection and has been enabled on some phones as a firmware upgrade. It is not true 5G.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
So, what about this? This is from LG on Twitter. LG Mobile oh, so you're not talking to anybody about refrigerators. They should know what the v40 will do if that's the case how the hell did nobody know about it, not even Phone Scoop.

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-10-15-13-58-52.jpg
    Capture+_2019-10-15-13-58-52.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 36

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't you love it when you get conflicting info from customer support? Lol. I think I'd go back to that store and look at the demo unit again to see if it said 5G or 5Ge.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Haha, yep!

You know, people who do reviews sometimes mail it in and never test anything and accept whatever literature and specs the companies giving them.

I'm a CPA and the v40 came today but today was the last day for the personal returns to be filled and I charged it up, put the case on and haven't seen it since, so tomorrow I'll make the v40 come to life.

I can tell you, if it was full 5G it wasn't very fast on a new empty phone. They say it's not due to come out until next year, I guess when the v50 launches but it would be nice to be surprised with a 5G v40.

And by the way in completely unrelated, I discovered that I can reply to messages Here on my v20 and for some reason I have a feeling I knew this before and forgot it. 😊 With my Note 4 all I have to do is tap the reply box to start a reply. With the v40 I have to press on the comment and bring up all these options if I want to reply to through anything. Rosanna Rosanna Danna said, It's always something

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Haha, yep!

You know, people who do reviews sometimes mail it in and never test anything and accept whatever literature and specs the companies giving them.

I'm a CPA and the v40 came today but today was the last day for the personal returns to be filled and I charged it up, put the case on and haven't seen it since, so tomorrow I'll make the v40 come to life.

I can tell you, if it was full 5G it wasn't very fast on a new empty phone. They say it's not due to come out until next year, I guess when the v50 launches but it would be nice to be surprised with a 5G v40.

And by the way in completely unrelated, I discovered that I can reply to messages Here on my v20 and for some reason I have a feeling I knew this before and forgot it. With my Note 4 all I have to do is tap the reply box to start a reply. With the v40 I have to press on the comment and bring up all these options if I want to reply to through anything. Rosanna Rosanna Danna said, It's always something

Good luck and let us know of any pleasant surprises. I was a bit surprised a bit looking at its specs. From what I can find out, it can use the receiver speaker as a mic for loud environments. The V20 was rated at about 130 or 132 dB, but apparently this "RAM" mic is rated to 150 dB. I would've loved that when I was track side at a jet dragster race a while back.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I was in Boynton Beach the other day and my phone said 4G LTE not 5Ge. However I did a speed test and they got over 78.4 mb/sec download and 20.8 upload. Go figure. The v20 never got numbers like that.

Mr2onBui

Feb 25, 2020
Visit site
It's pretty obvious the tech support was speaking in general regarding your carriers coverage. They never once refers to your specific phone, in fact the only time they mention a device is the in store demo unit.
What are you describing here? "It said on top it was doing 5G?"
The demo unit plays a recording or was Google Assistant on?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc