v40 & battery life

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
What are you all doing to extend the life of the battery of the v40? That one little battery getting charged all the time can't last forever. In the case of a blackout one charged might not be enough.

I saw that there is a battery clip on attachment for the v40 that gives you extra battery life and I wonder if any of you are using it and do you know if it extends the life of the main battery inside the v40. What are you on using other than constant charging?

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I have yet to run out of battery at the end of the day. I use a lot of email, social media, and audio streaming. Even if it hits 20% a quick top up gets it back quickly. It has been a non issue, which was a nice surprise!

If you're that worried about it, invest in an inexpensive "power bank" as a backup battery.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I saw that there is a battery clip on attachment for the v40 that gives you extra battery life and I wonder if any of you are using it and do you know if it extends the life of the main battery inside the v40. What are you on using other than constant charging?
I haven't used them, but I think they work just like a battery bank, except integrated into a case so you don't have the USB cable and pack hanging off it. It'll charge the battery, not really act as a supplement. I also wouldn't leave it running to charge the phone beyond 80%. If your phone battery is at 100% and the battery pack is still feeding it, that can prematurely degrade the phone battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith