I was ready to start up my new v40 and then I thought it would probably be smart to get its own micro SD card and not use the one from the v20 because that way all the stuff I have stored on the v20 can be used on the v20 so as not to wear down the v40 battery. I listen to a lot of audiobooks and there's no reason why I can't continue doing that on the v20 because it's speaker is great and why not. So I just ordered SanDisk u3 256gb micro SD drive for $50.

I spent the last few days trimming contacts and now they will all be Gmail contacts not eating up phone memory. I have about 2200 which is a lot better than 12,000 but some of those but most of those went to plicated and triplicated.

So now I have to wait for tomorrow set the phone up.
    10-18-2019 01:47 PM
    Welcome to the V40 club. We've been waiting for you! My 4 year old V20 is still very much alive and kicking. When upgrade fever hit I decided to go with a Note 8 'cause LG had dropped all of the features that made the V20 stand apart from the herd. When the Note 9 came out I traded in my Note 8 for a great discount. I thought I was all situated for a while but when I found out about the V40 and it's awesome mobile photography and audio capabilities, I just could not resist. So I trade off daily driver duties between the Note and V40 while I use my V20 as my at home audio center/tablet.
    tube517 and notacoach like this.
    10-18-2019 09:37 PM
    Thanks Chromium, waiting for Amazon to bring the MicroSD card today. It just arrived!

What's the best way to clone a new micro sdcard? Also, how can I bring my Textra text messages to the v40 from the v20.
    10-19-2019 04:33 PM
    My 4 year old V20...
    Are you from the future?!?! Because the V20 was released October of 2016.
    notacoach likes this.
    10-19-2019 05:01 PM
    Copying 42gb from MicroSD is taking forever.
    10-19-2019 05:45 PM
    OK, new problem, I'm trying to clone the old micro SD card on to the new micro SD card for the v40. I'm getting messages on my computer that some of the file names are too long. If I change the file names, they probably won't work.
    10-19-2019 06:55 PM
    OK, new problem, I'm trying to clone the old micro SD card on to the new micro SD card for the v40. I'm getting messages on my computer that some of the file names are too long. If I change the file names, they probably won't work.
    As long as you don't change the file extension, it should be fine. Though, I'm curious how they got too long to begin, and why.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-19-2019 07:06 PM
    It's taking three shots to do this. When it appears to be furnished, it's not because I can't take it out. So the second time I tried it, the name might have been elongated and went over three limit. Then I erased the first one and go the entire folder.

Now going the other for the MicroSD card for the v40 which it now has the right to a u3, out of 42gb it looks like it's finished but it only copied over 15.3 GB. But if I try to take it out it would say it's still use. It hasn't budged from that 15.3 at least 15 to 20 minutes maybe a half an hour. I think it will be working on this for at least another hour or two.
    10-19-2019 10:22 PM
    I've found when transferring files, it's quicker to do them a few at a time. If I do them all as one massive batch, they tend to slow/stall.
    Laura Knotek and notacoach like this.
    10-19-2019 11:59 PM
    I'm in and the phone is great. It's still loading programs. The 5G is 5Ge but maybe that's ok because there is an antenna for it.

The transferring of files was a pain. Never went the first time but I think I got them all. The android file was 20gb alone. In retrospect, I should have connect the phone with the micro SD in it and connect that to my laptop. I wonder if the SD card writer in the phone is better them my 10 year old laptop's.

I have to change this stock keyboard, it's awful. No comma w/o hitting an extra key and no cut and replace functions.
    10-20-2019 01:51 PM
    LOL its not a 5G phone. What you are seeing, 5Ge is AT&T marketing gimmick to trick people into thinking they are getting a 5G phone. When in reality its more of an advanced for of LTE aka 4G. Its a precursor to 5G but its something AT&T made up. Do some googling on 5Ge and you will see what i am talking about.
    Its still a good phone. I love mine on Tmobile.
    10-22-2019 11:20 AM