New Life of charging

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I had a v20 still have it and still use for Wi-Fi stuff but now I have to keep my v40 charged. So the question is what do I do when I'm out for the day, a long day. I can get a case /battery, a charging battery or bring my charger.

I have a Spigen Rugged Armor case it's not really thick. If I buy a charging battery, let's say 10,000 mAh. Are they available as a quick charge and can it be done wirelessly and can the v40 be charged on a Q3 charging plate with that Spigen case on it? Something tells me that's not a good idea since the case is rubber and it gets hot.

It would seem to me that it's better if I have the phone and the charged battery bank and if need be a little wire to get to the v40 unless it does it wirelessly. That's only two things in my pocket and maybe the wire. In the car I can have a charger ready in case I have to go out and get it.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Charging wirelessly via Qi charging is less efficient the using a cable directly plugged into a charger. So keep that in mind.
As far as charging wirelessly with a case, that will be dependent on the charger. Some chargers will charge with cases 5mm thick, some with 7 and i have seen some claim to charge at 15mm thick. Check the specs of your charger and see how thick your case is. I have a spigen case on mine and it charges just fine wirelessly.
If your out and about and wanting to charge your phone that too will also depend on what your doing. If your out at a state fair for example and doing a lot of walking it would be hard to keep your phone on a wirless charger unless you sat to eat or something. Here is where cable charging comes in handy.
Battery packs come with rapid charging and some dont. Again you will need to look at the specs of the battery charger before you make the purchase.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
With the V40 I go w/a power bank if I go somewhere and I have no idea if I will have access to electricity to charge.

The battery life after Pie has been great for me so sometimes I don't have to use the power bank but you never know

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
If your out at a state fair for example and doing a lot of walking it would be hard to keep your phone on a wirless charger unless you sat to eat or something. Here is where cable charging comes in handy.

So now I have to go to a state fair to charge my phone?

Just kidding.

The only reason I would consider wireless charging is so that I don't overuse the charging port which then might have to be changed. There are so few v40 parts maybe if I could get my hands on a charging port it might not be a bad idea to buy one now if it's cheap enough. Thanks

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
With the V40 I go w/a power bank if I go somewhere and I have no idea if I will have access to electricity to charge.

The battery life after Pie has been great for me so sometimes I don't have to use the power bank but you never know

I agree with both of you, the battery bank seems best. I guess the 15 watt is the best for the v40. Thanks

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased one of those newer types of battery banks that has Qi charging as well as a physical port. Best of both worlds.
I agree that using wireless charging will take wear off the physical port. I went from a Samsung S7 Edge to a V40. So i already had Qi chargers. I have had my V40 close to a year and have used the USB C port 5 times.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased one of those newer types of battery banks that has Qi charging as well as a physical port. Best of both worlds.
I agree that using wireless charging will take wear off the physical port. I went from a Samsung S7 Edge to a V40. So i already had Qi chargers. I have had my V40 close to a year and have used the USB C port 5 times.

Got a link to the one you bought?

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
IAmSixNine

Does that Qi wireless charging go two ways, in that it would charge the battery bank and then the battery bank can charge the phone with Qi wireless charging? I'm not sure how important that is because if you're on the run then I'm not so sure you can Qi wirelessly charge but you could be in a meeting and just have that happen on a desk or conference table. I guess you're you're at a conference table you could also put your Qi wireless charger plate on the conference table and just put your phone right on top of it or use the plug in charger, all requiring an electrical outlet ex except the battery bank. I would assume if the, battery bank is not plugged in and you have one that has 10,000 mAh, half of that might go to the charging process itself and the other half to fill up the battery of the phone.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I purchased this for about 20 bucks last week when it was on sale.
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Por...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6689047
Used it a few times and like it. I am not a hard core battery bank user as i work in an office. But a few times a year, like when im at the state fair, or out playing pokemon go, ingress or taking pics or furry little critters or birds at a park i will make sure its with me. My previous was a 2 USB A pot 10K pack. SO this is the same capacity, but adds USB C, Lightening, micro usb and Qi. So more flexibility for me as i have iPhone 7 plus and 8 for work, and V40 for personal use.
You have to charge it with a wall plug, so no you cant use wireless to charge the battery bank. I would not want to as wireless charging is not as efficient as wired.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Well this is a little concerning.
Going into my amazon acct and looking at past orders, i see it, click the link and it is not valid in their own app. Its like they removed it completely from their system.
Wonder if it was a bad product and they removed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy