How is the phone so far???

Dws51

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
After a few weeks just wondering how you feel about your phone. What are your likes and issues?

I love the phone. The camera, battery life and price come to mind first. The second screen has not been used very much ( so far).

No issues as of yet.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's a love/hate relationship for me. It's ok relative to other current devices and the camera second to none, but I miss so many features from the V20 that the V60 doesn't come close to being the best smartphone in history.

I do have the screen case on mine when at home, but don't really use the screen.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
For me it's only a week old, so I'm still having fun exploring and seeing what this device can and cannot do...

Coming from a V40 and V20 before that, I'm happy to see the DAC is better than ever. I use Bluetooth headphones from time to time but I prefer and I'm spoiled by the headphone jack. A must have in my book. The battery life is outstanding, even with the dual screen (which I've used off and on) is very good.

So far I haven't had any complaints (like I've said, I've only had it a week) so I'm sure there will be things that will pop up as I explore...

One thing I've noticed is when you "clear all" there's a set of apps that pop up and sit at the bottom of the screen (they change based on app usage) I'm trying to figure out how to either customize the apps you want or dismiss them altogether. Other than that, I'm really liking this device and I'm glad I've decided to upgrade from the V40

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
One thing I've noticed is when you "clear all" there's a set of apps that pop up and sit at the bottom of the screen (they change based on app usage) I'm trying to figure out how to either customize the apps you want or dismiss them altogether. Other than that, I'm really liking this device and I'm glad I've decided to upgrade from the V40

Best I can tell, this is an Android 10 thing and I've not been able to remove them either.

mbbarron

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to disable the sound when plugging in the phone for charging? Or do I have a bad plug that it won't stop dinging while the phone is charging? I've tried multiple outlets so it's not my outlet. And it's not just when it is initially plugged in (although why do i need three beeps in a row!); it keeps beeping every few seconds or so throughout unless my notification sound is set to off.

jabtano

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Three weeks with this device and I have to say that I'm enjoying it. I haven't found any issues with this it all.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to disable the sound when plugging in the phone for charging? Or do I have a bad plug that it won't stop dinging while the phone is charging? I've tried multiple outlets so it's not my outlet. And it's not just when it is initially plugged in (although why do i need three beeps in a row!); it keeps beeping every few seconds or so throughout unless my notification sound is set to off.

I'm not aware of a way to disable that sound, but it shouldn't be beeping constantly. By multiple outlets, are you referring to the wall outlet? If so, I would try other USB cables, and try another phone on the existing USB cable to try and isolate the problematic component. The USB cable is the most often culprit, but it could be the phone or power supply/wall wart.

mbbarron

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Good suggestion. Yes, I believe it's the phone. I tried another cord and got the same thing. So do you think it's just dusty and I should start with blowing air into the charging port or contact LG about switching out the phone? Uggh, I hate to replace the device already but seems like I should take care of this within the first 2 weeks of activation (which was May 20).

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Good suggestion. Yes, I believe it's the phone. I tried another cord and got the same thing. So do you think it's just dusty and I should start with blowing air into the charging port or contact LG about switching out the phone? Uggh, I hate to replace the device already but seems like I should take care of this within the first 2 weeks of activation (which was May 20).
Unless you live in a dusty environment or have reason to suspect something for into the port, I would just go right to a warranty claim. If you do that, you do run a risk of getting a refurb, so another option may be to simply return this one and make a new purchase again (though you'd likely be out a restocking fee).

It wouldn't hurt to check the port for pocket lint or other debris, but I wouldn't expect that on this new of a phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae