MMS trouble, not able to send/receive pics?

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else unable to send it receive pics and group message in the stock app? I'm on T-Mobile and it just doesn't work at all. Factory reset, correct apn settings, new Sim card, replaced my device, and still nothing. BUT 3rd party apps work.. wth? T-Mobile has a trouble ticket in, and they're telling me it's a faulty device, which I don't see how it's possible since it's already a replacement and 3rd party apps wouldn't work if it was the phone. I'm stumped

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes MMS works on Google messages, which is what I'm currently using, but I'd prefer to use the stock app since I use a couple of features that Google doesn't have and it just looks nicer

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have tried everything in the OP including a brand new device. It doesn't work in safe mode, with WiFi on, with WiFi off, with 5g on or off.. T-Mobile cannot figure it out. They're telling me that the device is "not properly responding to the paging notification from SMSC" whatever that means. They want to send me a 3rd device, but I don't believe that will fix it, and I'm not accepting a refurbished device since other apps work. So I guess I'll just deal with it

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried Textra? That's an ago that I like, and it worked with all different brands of phones I've used.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if there's some bug relating to RCS with the stock LG messaging app. What happens if you temporarily turn off RCS?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, try turning off the Typing Status and Read Reports toggles, which might do the same as turning off RCS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34