MMS trouble, not able to send/receive pics?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know right? It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen. I can download ANY 3rd party app a d it works, but T-Mobile is trying to tell me that a new Sim card is going to fix it lol
Lol..I expect that from carriers that don't dive in deep into troubleshooting.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes MMS works on Google messages, which is what I'm currently using, but I'd prefer to use the stock app
That kind of blares out in color "it's the stock app". The LG app may just not work with TMobile for some reason.

BTW, the Google SMS app definitely does do RCS on TMobile. Pixels (which use the Google app) work fine on TMobile.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
That kind of blares out in color "it's the stock app". The LG app may just not work with TMobile for some reason.

BTW, the Google SMS app definitely does do RCS on TMobile. Pixels (which use the Google app) work fine on TMobile.

The stock app works for other people in TMobile. And I know that Google messages does RCS on T-Mobile.. But as I've mentioned, I prefer the stock app if I can get it to work.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah definitely :) your welcome!

Pretty sure it's private dns. With it turned on, doesn't matter which dns, it doesn't work. Starts working again as soon as it's turned off. That's a huge network issue for T-Mobile

Attachments

• 185.jpg
    185.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 32

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Pretty sure it's private dns. With it turned on, doesn't matter which dns, it doesn't work. Starts working again as soon as it's turned off. That's a huge network issue for T-Mobile
You don't have a option for automatic? Looked at mine and set to that , also if you turn WiFi calling off does it work? , I know Att had issue like that .

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
You don't have a option for automatic? Looked at mine and set to that , also if you turn WiFi calling off does it work? , I know Att had issue like that .

Yeah I have the option for automatic, and it works when it's set to that. But it defeats the purpose of a private dns. I have been using either adguard dns, or cloudflare ever since the feature was introduced in Android with no problems. But it definitely stops working as soon as I turn it on

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I have the option for automatic, and it works when it's set to that. But it defeats the purpose of a private dns. I have been using either adguard dns, or cloudflare ever since the feature was introduced in Android with no problems. But it definitely stops working as soon as I turn it on
It's possible that the stock message app doesn't play well with that ad guard.

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
The stock app works for other people in TMobile. And I know that Google messages does RCS on T-Mobile.. But as I've mentioned, I prefer the stock app if I can get it to work.

Yep, I use it regularly and have had zero problems. Sorry that you're having such bad luck!