MMS trouble, not able to send/receive pics?

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I'm impressed you were able to narrow it down to the private DNS, good job!

Thanks, it was a wee bit frustrating to have them replace my phone once, my sim card twice, and they were trying to send me a 3rd phone! Yet none of their "engineers" knew to check on the private dns... I should apply for a job lol

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this discussion guys. I have had intermitent issues with google messages, primarily not sending or receiving pictures.
Thanks to this awesome troubleshooting by you guys i changed my Private DNS to point towards googles DNS to TLS services, dns.google
Now time for testing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for this discussion guys. I have had intermitent issues with google messages, primarily not sending or receiving pictures.
Thanks to this awesome troubleshooting by you guys i changed my Private DNS to point towards googles DNS to TLS services, dns.google
Now time for testing.
Definitely going help members out with this issue

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Now time for testing.

Awesome. I got a lot of great ideas and support from the group. Everyone was truly a big help.. thanks everyone

mbbarron

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
So I'm on Verizon, not T-Mobile, but I have a lot of trouble with group messages and most often pics in group messages mostly coming through to me. I'm not nearly as well versed as you guys are. First I was told that it was because my messages were going through to iMessage since I was temporarily coming from an iPhone. Fixed that then still had an issue so got my group to start a new text string and feeler old ones, which seemed to fix it temporarily. But it's back. The same group texted this AM and all the other people with iPhones got the pic but not me. Suggestions?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So I'm on Verizon, not T-Mobile, but I have a lot of trouble with group messages and most often pics in group messages mostly coming through to me. I'm not nearly as well versed as you guys are. First I was told that it was because my messages were going through to iMessage since I was temporarily coming from an iPhone. Fixed that then still had an issue so got my group to start a new text string and feeler old ones, which seemed to fix it temporarily. But it's back. The same group texted this AM and all the other people with iPhones got the pic but not me. Suggestions?
Hi,
You tried some of the suggestions early on in this thread?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
mbbarron, you may need to get your friends to remove you from the group message and start a new one.
If you had an iPhone when the group message started its possible it locked in your iMessage info. Now that you have switched its still trying to use that.
I recall seeing this a few years back with people who were in group messages on iPhones then went to Android. Just a guess.
Maybe get a couple of them to start a new group message and test it out.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Are you using Verizon Messages? Or the LG app? Whichever one you are using, try switching to the other one maybe

mbbarron

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Did both of these. Deleted all text message strings and started a new string. Possibly one of they group participants still has an old string and it's picking up my phone as iMessage. Thought we had fixed it but it happened again after that fix. Switched to Google messages and today my son didn't get a forwarded text that I sent to 2 people with iPhones. Should I try Textra?

mbbarron

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Are you using Verizon Messages? Or the LG app? Whichever one you are using, try switching to the other one maybe

I've tried Stock app, Verizon message+, and now Google messages. All same issue. Intermittently messages don't go through. Usually group messages but not always. Have already done a factory reset on this device for another issue. Setting I should check?

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I've tried Stock app, Verizon message+, and now Google messages. All same issue. Intermittently messages don't go through. Usually group messages but not always. Have already done a factory reset on this device for another issue. Setting I should check?
@tmobilehelp on Twitter. It may be a provisioning issue with your account. If it's an iMessage issue, then I'm no help. I haven't owned an iPhone since literally the 1st generation lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR