No V60? Why though?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Why isn't the V60 on the list? With the Velvet and the Wing LG support is going pull it's traditional disappearing act with the V60. I was really hoping when I came back to LG that this wouldn't be the case. I hope I'm wrong.. https://piunikaweb.com/2020/08/21/lg-velvet-ui-update-tracker/
Hmmm, you would think with the older phones being on there that the V60 would get it?? But I haven't had an LG phone since way back in the day. Didn't LG make the "curve"? That was a great phone but battery life was horrible. Hopefully they won't forget us!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm more concerned with LG's track record with updates than I am with the UI. I fear that they will put all of their efforts into the Velvet and Wing

My mantra for Android is "Every update is better than the next." So again, them being slow to update is perfectly fine by me.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm more concerned with LG's track record with updates than I am with the UI. I fear that they will put all of their efforts into the Velvet and Wing
Samsung used to be awful with updates but last few years they have gotten better. I have no experience with LG other than the LG G flex which was so long ago I can remember updates on it. I did love the phone with it's curved screen but battery life was horrible.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, just curious, I thought I saw you on the Note forum and wanted to hear what your thoughts were on it.
I've posted a few times, though mostly about specs and such, not personal experience. For example, I'm not the least bit impressed about the 108MP camera resolution. That's just too small of a sensor to make use of that high of a resolution. I also feel the same about the V20's 64MP main camera. The pixel binned images are great, but the full 64 MP images are a noisy mess, and not even available in manual mode.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got the V60 and will try this out, thank you.

I have the 2nd screen/case so I probably won't see this though
I don't use the second screen case (I tried for a couple weeks and just never got use to it, nor utilized it much), but it does have a small screen on the outside face for displaying time and notifications.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Well hot darn, Thanks Mooncatt. I just enabled it so now the wait for something to ding.

I texted myself and it looks very similar to what I had in my Note 9 and Note 8. Pretty cool.

The customization isn't really necessary for me. I'm color blind so all the colors blend into something I can't even identify lol

Thanks again Mooncatt. I just did the test text with the second screen open.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
HA! Yes- I loved having LED notifications as well on my Note 8- just upgraded to the V60 a few days ago and delightfully already discovered this setting and it lights up rather nicely I must say! Would I love custom colors to a contact ? Sure but what the heck- ; the battery on this phone is such a beast, so I use the AOD and that's an easy glance if I have a text. Textra is my messaging app which has custom icons for contacts so on the AOD I can see that I have a text and if it's specific to a favorite contact so I am more than happy with that. It works just as well. I have my phone all set up the way I like it now already and I bought an active stylus; LOL discovered the live message option too. Having been a Note fan, as well-- I am a happy camper -- Great phone!