Unable to disable shutter sound

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
In camera, the shutter sound option is explicitly turned off.

Sound mode is set to vibrate.

Yet it still makes the shutter sound noise.

Don't tell me I have to set it to total mute and turn off all sounds for apps, etc.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The ability to disable the shutter sound depends on your phone model, carrier and country (local firmware). There are some circumstances that this sound cannot be disabled by law.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
That's what I explained, in Camera Settings the shutter is off. What is the point of that setting if it does not work?

The only way to turn off the shutter sound is to turn off all sound. Apparently it's the media sound also. Putting the phone into the quiet and even non-vibrate mode does not do the trick.

Is there a fix for this bug?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That's what I explained, in Camera Settings the shutter is off. What is the point of that setting if it does not work?

The only way to turn off the shutter sound is to turn off all sound. Apparently it's the media sound also. Putting the phone into the quiet and even non-vibrate mode does not do the trick.

Do you know if this is happening to others with this device? I know in my Samsung devices toggling off the shutter sound works but when I had LG devices I don't think I had that ability.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the Verizon version of the V60, and the shutter sound option works as expected. No should when I take photos on it. As pointed out above, some regions require an audible shutter sound (you can thank people doing up-skirt type photos on unsuspecting women for those laws), but hard to say if that's the case here. If they went through the trouble to override that setting to comply with a law, I figured they would remove the option all together.

I would try first clearing the app cache to see if something is hung up in the code. If that doesn't work, try clearing the app data, but that also means losing all of your custom settings.

And just to be clear, you're talking about the stock LG camera app that was pre-installed, and not a third party app you downloaded?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
On my ATT branded V60, there is no setting in the camera app to control the shutter sound. However, the camera app does honor the phone's generic sound mode of { sound, vibrate, none } .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Have you tried in safe mode?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc