Unable to Sort Gallery Albums Alphabetically

Joy Scott

Oct 3, 2022
Visit site
When I try to create and add a new album to my gallery, it sends the new album to the bottom of my album list. It does not alphabetize it like it used to. When I press on the three dots I don't see an option to organize the album by name. If I open the album, I can sort the photos; however, I am unable to organize the photo albums by name. I also am unable to drag albums. Please help!

Joy Scott

Oct 3, 2022
Visit site
I have an LG V60 Thin Q

I registered for an account, so I can communicate regarding my question. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I have an LG V60 Thin Q
Are you running Android 11 or 12?
Which carrier?

From a quick playing around with the factory gallery app:
Creating the album using the app, but not adding pictures to the album using the app, deletes the album.
The album is created in the /DCIM folder.
The android 12 version of "gallery" has an option to view only selected albums; is this feature turned on?

I am a big fan of the "piktures" app. However, on android 12 it has some edge-case oddities relating to file permissions.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=com.diune.pictures&token=cqVc3D8g
Edit: The latest update to Piktures solves the file permission problems (was an LG phones only problem?).

Last edited:

pi_faced

Apr 6, 2023
Visit site
When I try to create and add a new album to my gallery, it sends the new album to the bottom of my album list. It does not alphabetize it like it used to. When I press on the three dots I don't see an option to organize the album by name. If I open the album, I can sort the photos; however, I am unable to organize the photo albums by name. I also am unable to drag albums. Please help!
I had the same app same issue. Directly below the Trash icon and label top right on Gallery home screen I saw a hyperlinked label "Recent" and I clicked on it and Bam! I got a menu that let me choose my view and I sorted A-Z. Just what I needed. Now my folders are sorted.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the same app same issue. Directly below the Trash icon and label top right on Gallery home screen I saw a hyperlinked label "Recent" and I clicked on it and Bam! I got a menu that let me choose my view and I sorted A-Z. Just what I needed. Now my folders are sorted.
Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for the tip!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair