Got this phone shortly after it was released. Everything was working fine, but I just opened the camera app today, and it's just a black frozen screen. I've forced the app to close and then opened it, cleared the cache, and even did a recovery install from the LG Bridge app - still doesn't work. Sometimes I actually get a popup that says 'camera error'. The front camera seems to still work though.

Anyone have this issue?
    04-24-2020 10:11 PM
    The only time I had that happen was on a V20 and sent off for a warranty exchange. Sounds like you may need to do that as well.
    aximtreo likes this.
    04-24-2020 10:18 PM
    Got this phone shortly after it was released. Everything was working fine, but I just opened the camera app today, and it's just a black frozen screen. I've forced the app to close and then opened it, cleared the cache, and even did a recovery install from the LG Bridge app - still doesn't work. Sometimes I actually get a popup that says 'camera error'. The front camera seems to still work though.

Anyone have this issue?
    Try clear data/cache and force stop

Also safe mode
    04-24-2020 10:42 PM
    The only time I had that happen was on a V20 and sent off for a warranty exchange. Sounds like you may need to do that as well.
    Sure hoping this isn't the case. It seems like a software thing...
    04-24-2020 11:45 PM
    Try clear data/cache and force stop

Also safe mode
    Did all of that. No-go in safe mode either. I went into diagnostic mode and tested the camera - it doesn't work in the normal mode, but does in wide.
    04-24-2020 11:47 PM
    Did all of that. No-go in safe mode either. I went into diagnostic mode and tested the camera - it doesn't work in the normal mode, but does in wide.
    Oh wow
    Take it back or call where you bought it , should be covered under warranty?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-24-2020 11:58 PM