Bad News

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Someone please tell me im wrong...

Allright i tried to boot into recovery by holding power+volume down and it worked.

Problem is there is no recovery menu. Apparently lg dropped it all together and upon loading it just gives you the option to do a factory hard reset. Please someone else test this and say I am wrobg that there is a recovery.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
You need to flash a custom recovery. The manufacturer recovoveries cant do anything except reset and flash official updates. Boot back into the OS, and if your rooted, find the correct recovery and flasg that to your phone.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Thx anthony im a seasoned vet to fladhing roms/recoveries this doesnt even have the option yo apply official update.zips or wipe data and cache just a hard reset, it is not like any of the other stock lg recs ive ever seen.( own an opti s and a marquee ) both have full stock recs. I think this could be sprints attempt at stopping modders. I have tried gingerbreak, zergrush and some opti s gb root methods none work hopefully this phone will get some devs.

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
ive been trying to convince ACS team leader to send a viper my way, but he doesnt feel as if there is enough traffic to warrant buying me one.