Best way to remove Bloatware

catchjeff

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Now that I have root it is time to start wiping out or freezing bloatware. On my Motorola Triumph I used Titanium Backup Pro to uninstall or freeze apps. Well I am trying to use TB but it is taking forever to remove a simply app. Same thing with Rom Toolbox Pro. They seem to get hung up removing apps.

What is the best way you have found to remove bloatware?

What system apps have you removed with no problems afterward with the phone?

Thanks

pmoneyprix

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I just got a cracked screen viper off Craigslist for 40 bucks, rooted and I'm using root explorer to wipe apps. All the sprint apps I've removed like nascar and tv. Just cleared the clutter..lol now waiting for a stable recovery so I can nandroid n theme this bad boy.lol

Last edited:

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
It shouldn't take forever on either I'm an David user of tb and from tool box if you mean the menus system that's just an alphabetical list and some system apps can damage your phone if removed

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
It shouldn't take forever on either I'm an David user of tb and from tool box if you mean the menus system that's just an alphabetical list and some system apps can damage your phone if removed

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

I can provide a list later of safe to remove system apps...plus now we can always restore if needed.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Now that I have root it is time to start wiping out or freezing bloatware. On my Motorola Triumph I used Titanium Backup Pro to uninstall or freeze apps. Well I am trying to use TB but it is taking forever to remove a simply app. Same thing with Rom Toolbox Pro. They seem to get hung up removing apps.

What is the best way you have found to remove bloatware?

What system apps have you removed with no problems afterward with the phone?

Thanks

First...after root did you manually install busybox? If not download busybox installer but only install version 1.18.2 or 4 ...I've heard we can safely go up to 20 but haven't verified....
Off the top of my head;
Sprint ID
Sprint Music
Gmail
The polaris office thing
Launcher (w. Replacement)
Browser (w. Replacement)
Music player
Nascar
Google +
pretty, much all Sprint apps but i leave sprint zone...
telenav gps..
Shopper
YouTub
Talk 1.3
Pico Tts
Android keyboard
...and more

Also make sure your super user binaries are, updated and app updated. If, necessary reinstall ti backup.

Last edited:

catchjeff

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
OK I got the bloatware off. I did a back up in TB and then froze the Alps and then deleted them.
I am happy with this phone now that I got root. I hate seeing bloatware.

Now we just need a recovery and we can all have fun with this phone.

I cannot wait for the assortment of roms that will be popping up.

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
check my thread...i got a working unbrick restore butt it's not like cwm so no backups but at least we can experiment and not worry about bricking it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool