[Rom] LG - Viper ICS 4.0.1r1

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
this is just a open source for dev. too use too help understand when building kernel and rom. there is alot of things that has too be complie from source. and without a working CWM recovery most likely nobody is going too chance trying too do too much with the open source.

joearaujo5488

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
well all i would need is the rom...i dont need cwm since i can use the stock recovery on the viper itself and just rename the outputted rom to update.zip and viola..ill have ics....or am i wrong? i dont see why cwm would be necessary...

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
there is alot complie too do with and kernel. you can most likely complie the kernel in one day . the rom side of it I couldn't give you eta it would take. then of course when you did get all together the update.zip has too match with current 2.3.7 stock rom and update.zip would need too be signed. I don't suggest trying too go ahead and make update.zip. I would try too build a kernel first. that just my though after making 7 roms for samsung intercept and 2 kernels for the samsung intercept

RedBunnyJAV

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you seen the options in the stock recovery. There are none.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
no options in regards too recovery that i could find. maybe in tot and or dll file. we really need someone who can complie a dll version that will read the LGNPST and we have the tot and let see where things are getting loaded too. i am still looking for the new cab file that has ICS too come out and see whats in it.

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
okay so heres the update.... I worked with setting up the source code ICS but no luck in compiling.

Android SDK would not download the updated files which is what I need.... But I will try doing a virtual box linux

I will get this compiled for yall.... It will just take some time... I will try to get XDA involved in this and see if ANY dev over there can help me out.....

RedBunnyJAV

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm going thru some changes,.... Selling my Laptop and getting a Virgin Mobile phone since its only $35 a month for service, but I'll keep those ICE source codes on my media fire account for a month or two. Also If I get my new laptop in the next day or so I will try and compile for yall. I ve used linux before, so i have a decent Idea of how to o it, unless yall get it done sooner. As it is now though i dont have enough space to load the sdk onto my laptop,... ;( Anyways its been fun, hope yall have fun with yer Vipers ,... ;)

googleitson

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way you can post step by step directions to do this in ubuntu. I'm a total noob when it comes to linux but I just did a fresh install

RedBunnyJAV

May 12, 2012
Visit site
This is a str8 copy of the README from the ICS 4.0.1r1 file.

1. Android build
- Download original android source code ( ICS 4.0.4_r1 ) from Welcome to Android | Android Open Source
- Unzip opensource packages of LS840_android_ZVG.tar.gz into downloaded android source directory
- And, merge the source into the android source code(ICS)
- Run following scripts to build android
$ . build/envsetup.sh
$ choosecombo 1 generic user
$ make -j4
- When you compile the android source code, you have to add google original prebuilt source(toolchain)
into the android folder
- After build, you can find output at out/target/product/generic

2. Kernel Build (User)
- Unzip LS840_Kernel_ZVG.tar.gz at the android folder
- When you compile the kernel source code, you have to add google original prebuilt source(toolchain)
into the android folder.
$ . build/envsetup.sh
$ choosecombo 1 generic user
- Build kernel
$ cd kernel
$ mkdir -p out
$ make cayman_sprint_us_defconfig ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-eabi- O=out
$ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-eabi- O=out
- After Build, You Can find the build image at /out/arch/arm/boot

This is for the exact LG/Sprint file, not just a vanilla file. but be sure to also install and setup the Android-SDK exactly as it says on the setup section of the website:
Initializing a Build Environment | Android Open Source

*~*~ Also where it says (Generic User) id put -eng for engeneer ,... be sure to look up exactly but it might be better for moding later and keeping root. Not exactly sure but, seems that way.

googleitson

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What app do I use to run scripts?
What does "When you compile the android source code you have to add google original prebuilt source" mean.
Sorry I'm noob but after this I should be able to do this.

RedBunnyJAV

May 12, 2012
Visit site
First off install the android-sdk
Once you install that you have to 'update' it
open the android-sdk-manager file and then update for tools, platform tools and android 4.1 api atleast.
Then you have to make the build enviornment. Refer to the link above in my post
Then once all of the android-sdk is downloaded, I 'belive' you merge the LG/Sprint ICS 4.0.1r1 into the build enviornment by coping it there.
After that you use 'Terminal' or 'Bash' in linux,.... (these are similar programs that are command prompts) to run the README commands.
You do this from the directory you set up as a 'Build Enviornemnt" for android.

googleitson

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
First off install the android-sdk
Once you install that you have to 'update' it
open the android-sdk-manager file and then update for tools, platform tools and android 4.1 api atleast.
Then you have to make the build enviornment. Refer to the link above in my post
Then once all of the android-sdk is downloaded, I 'belive' you merge the LG/Sprint ICS 4.0.1r1 into the build enviornment by coping it there.
After that you use 'Terminal' or 'Bash' in linux,.... (these are similar programs that are command prompts) to run the README commands.
You do this from the directory you set up as a 'Build Enviornemnt" for android.

Thank you much!!! After I finish this pitcher I will get this done. Thx to everyone working diligently to get this done!

Eazy-go

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
YES! YES! YES!! .its finally happening.... I have been missing my HERO's custom ROMS sucks having withdrawals from flashing. Being back on Gingerbad is weak... not asking for an ETA. just showing support.

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
If you want to mod it even more on Linux... if you are using Ubuntu you can install Eclipse form the program market and also install Python. Python is alot better to use when coding. and eclipse is used to edit everything... but you dont have to do either if ya dont want to

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
There is a LG rumor floating around that Oct. 26th 2012 that ICS OTA will start in Cailfornia. source came from Sprint Tech Dept Level 2. I am still looking for another confirm source about this info

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't trust Sprint anymore. For the past 3 years Hampton Roads...population 2million.... Was supposed to get 4g towers.... I was told this by every Sprint rep. For 3 years I have been waiting for these towers we are supposed to get.... also there is so many people with Sprint service.... if it were me I would have made this area a big target since Norfolk is the biggest naval base in the world and it only has 3g?????

But I digress..... listen to LGE first before Sprint.... it's an LG phone not a Sprint phone.... after LG officially releases the ICS or hell the rumored JB release, Sprint can't say crap

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy