Built-in carrier changer?

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I set an activity shortcut to my homescreen with launcherpro, and noticed that there was s "hiddenmenu" entry. Most of the activities for the hiddenmenu crash, but "data_setting" opened an interesting little dialogue, take a look:
http://imgur.com/JbjY0.jpg

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348204776629.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348204776629.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 44

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
If you really want to get into the settings that won't crash, under the shortcut menu go to the C2G something or other, another hidden menu, but w/ every programming feature/setting available. That portion you screenshotted, won't make it a one click to go to another carrier though, the phones these days are so universally written that they only change small parts of phones and rename them carrier to carrier....I was a bit suprised to see that myself when i found it, but it was always there on other phones as far as Frequency, that's just putting it into actual carrier terms and then breaking it down either CDMA, evdo, gsm, etc. BTW the other hidden menu, blue icon..(fogot name, have to go look at my phone later), is where any setting can be changed, vocoders, speeds, preferred networks, settings i dont even know of, and more. Be extremely cautious if you do explore. ..{I did post somewhere , i think androidforums, w/ a picture guide to show the menu im speaking of}, if you want to search for it.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I set an activity shortcut to my homescreen with launcherpro, and noticed that there was s "hiddenmenu" entry. Most of the activities for the hiddenmenu crash, but "data_setting" opened an interesting little dialogue, take a look:
http://imgur.com/JbjY0.jpg

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2
That's for the data settings. I advise not to change them, becfause I did and changed them back and my data didn't work so Sprint had to do a NV-Reset.