Ics official release today.

LulzSec

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
ICS will limit our current capabilities, for now, w. init.d supported, combination of mods and my own tweaks, antutu benchmark scores have broken 5800. Out of curiosity, can someone with a strictly rooted viper (no scripts no, mods, no cpu integer apps,) please run antutu benchmark and post score?

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

eve9epe2.jpg

Not rooted.

joearaujo5488

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
That's what i mean....this device is going somewhat...ether it be grin sprint it who 4ever tit point figures too...but anyways... I got tomorrow and Tuesday off and ads well as everybody in southern new England...hope fully i Gerry ice cream in a power outage.....good bless

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
ICS will limit our current capabilities, for now, w. init.d supported, combination of mods and my own tweaks, antutu benchmark scores have broken 5800. Out of curiosity, can someone with a strictly rooted viper (no scripts no, mods, no cpu integer apps,) please run antutu benchmark and post score?

only 5800 broken?
Your doing something wrong..... im getting scores of 5600-5700 stock.

Check your scripts

cap'n awesome

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
No intention to hijack, but since everyone here is using the Viper, I figure I'll go ahead and hijack anyways.

I'm fairly new to Android and have had this phone for about 2 months now. I like the phone, love Android. That being said, I've been very tempted to root this thing for a while now. The phone does pretty much everything that I need so my questions are A: why root? and B: what are the odds of me creating a truly bricked phone?

googleitson

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Capn awesome, go ahead and root, we haven't had any real forever brick issues. What you do with it at that point is up to you.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
What, are you going to automatically switch phones when you get the chance?
I mean the phone's not bad, it just has the lack of Ice Cream Sandwich, but if you wait for a while pretty soon we'll have Jellybean and a lot of people making roms for us. We just have to make it through all this crap.

I'm on my second defective Viper. Sprint couldn't even tell me what was wrong with the first. And now my second one exhibits the same signs as the first. I'm hoping to get a trade across for a Galaxy Victory, but they might just make me take a 3rd Viper.

Sent from my LG-LS840 Viper 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
No, some chip fried in the first one. The phone reaches 130F and regularly runs around 120F when lightly using 3G data. GPS is worse raising the temp at an alarming rate.

i must have a lemon because I do not have these problems

anon(963605)

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, antutu benchmark

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

I got 5,863.

- - - Updated - - -

Well here's a chat I had with Sprint which answers a lot of questions.

Samantha W.: Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am happy to help you. Please give me a moment to take a look at your account.
Samantha W.: As of now, there's no update to ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) for LG Viper. You will get a text message with a link to update. And you will be able to update. To manually check if the update is available, please do the following steps:
You: Well do you have a date?
Samantha W.: >From the home screen, tap the Menu key.
>Tap Settings.
Samantha W.: >Scroll to and tap System updates.
Samantha W.: >Tap Update Firmware.
You: I have before, but I was wondering if you have a date.
Samantha W.: There's no date given yet.
You: Do you know if it will be soon?
You: Like in a week, month?
Samantha W.: It will be coming very soon. Most probably within 2 weeks
Samantha W.: as many updates are rolling in, it's just a matter of days to get the update.
You: Yeah.
Samantha W.: I assure you that.
You: People on the forums saw the update to the Galaxy 3, then the Optimous Elite, then they thought it may come to us then.
Samantha W.: Yes, you are correct on that.
Samantha W.: It will be coming in for the LG viper also.
You: 1 more thing.
You: Will they have Jellybean on it?
You: Ever?
Samantha W.: Do you want me to send you the steps to get the update manually?
Samantha W.: First, they will see if the ICS runs smoothly on it, only then they will start working on the Jellybean update.
You: Ok.
You: Yeah, I know the ICS will be good because this can run JB with no problems, it actually runs better than most the JB devices I see, with the prosseser speed it has.
You: So with the manual update you mean I can update now?
Samantha W.: It's when you are not getting the link to update, but the update has started in general for LG viper.
You: Awesome!
Samantha W.: So, you can check with the steps next week.
Samantha W.: Let me get you that.
Samantha W.: And I will paste it here so that I can email it to you once we close the chat
>Tap Settings.
>Scroll to and tap System updates.
>Tap Update Firmware.
>The handset will check for firmware updates.

If a firmware update is available, follow the prompts to set up the new profile.

Otherwise, tap OK.
>Tap Update LG Software.
>If an update is available, follow the prompts to update the system software, otherwise tap the Home key to exit.
>The software is now updated.
Samantha W.: That's it.
You: Well, how do I know if the LG software is looking?
You: It doesn't say anything it just brings up a empty menu that you can scroll on.
Samantha W.: You will see a message "checking for updates" on the screen.
You: Yeah, I only see checking for updates on the firmware update, not on LG software.
Samantha W.: If there's no message coming on the screen, then there's no update available.
You: Ok I also see a Update Device service in manage applications.
Samantha W.: That's for device drivers updates. They does it automatically when you connect your LG Viper phone with other devices.
You: Oh!
You: I've been wondering about that.
You: Thanks.
Samantha W.: You are most welcome.
Samantha W.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
You: Nope.

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I got 5,863.

- - - Updated - - -

Well here's a chat I had with Sprint which answers a lot of questions.

Samantha W.: Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am happy to help you. Please give me a moment to take a look at your account.
Samantha W.: As of now, there's no update to ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) for LG Viper. You will get a text message with a link to update. And you will be able to update. To manually check if the update is available, please do the following steps:
You: Well do you have a date?
>Tap Settings.
Samantha W.: >Scroll to and tap System updates.
Samantha W.: >Tap Update Firmware.
You: I have before, but I was wondering if you have a date.
Samantha W.: There's no date given yet.
You: Do you know if it will be soon?
You: Like in a week, month?
Samantha W.: It will be coming very soon. Most probably within 2 weeks
Samantha W.: as many updates are rolling in, it's just a matter of days to get the update.
Samantha W.: I assure you that.
You: People on the forums saw the update to the Galaxy 3, then the Optimous Elite, then they thought it may come to us then.
Samantha W.: Yes, you are correct on that.
Samantha W.: It will be coming in for the LG viper also.
You: 1 more thing.
You: Will they have Jellybean on it?
You: Ever?
Samantha W.: Do you want me to send you the steps to get the update manually?
Samantha W.: First, they will see if the ICS runs smoothly on it, only then they will start working on the Jellybean update.
You: Yeah, I know the ICS will be good because this can run JB with no problems, it actually runs better than most the JB devices I see, with the prosseser speed it has.
You: So with the manual update you mean I can update now?
Samantha W.: It's when you are not getting the link to update, but the update has started in general for LG viper.
You: Awesome!
Samantha W.: So, you can check with the steps next week.
Samantha W.: Let me get you that.
Samantha W.: And I will paste it here so that I can email it to you once we close the chat
>Tap Settings.
>Scroll to and tap System updates.
>Tap Update Firmware.
>The handset will check for firmware updates.

If a firmware update is available, follow the prompts to set up the new profile.

Otherwise, tap OK.
>Tap Update LG Software.
>If an update is available, follow the prompts to update the system software, otherwise tap the Home key to exit.
>The software is now updated.
Samantha W.: That's it.
You: Well, how do I know if the LG software is looking?
You: It doesn't say anything it just brings up a empty menu that you can scroll on.
Samantha W.: You will see a message "checking for updates" on the screen.
You: Yeah, I only see checking for updates on the firmware update, not on LG software.
Samantha W.: If there's no message coming on the screen, then there's no update available.
You: Ok I also see a Update Device service in manage applications.
Samantha W.: That's for device drivers updates. They does it automatically when you connect your LG Viper phone with other devices.
You: Oh!
You: I've been wondering about that.
You: Thanks.
Samantha W.: You are most welcome.
Samantha W.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
You: Nope.

the most informative sprint rep you will ever meet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674