Ics official release today.

lmoore55

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Yea ics isnt coming out for viper...too many bugs

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

Im almost positive based off some of the conversations with sprint and lg that it will be coming out. No, there is not an expected time of delivery but i have been told multiple times that it will be arriving. If it wasnt coming, they would have stopped at the first try at it ZVG. It would be pointless to pour hours of work into a phone and not end up doing anything with it. Just because it looks like we have bugs does not mean the trained professionals on their end cannot figure it out. So until there is a statement from either company, please do not drag the hopes of the members down.

Thanks

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
When the LG server unblocks the tot and dll file. I will post it on the forum. I do know for fact the dll file is the current one that is used too unbrick the viper now. I also know that the tot file name that was listed during the testing process was called LS840ZVI_03.SD_03.P25006.tot .I also know due too hurricane sandy the google server isn't pushing any OTA at this time . So the cell phone carriers can start restoring cell sites and setup backup towers. and some carriers are working together and have temp. roaming agreements in place until futher notice. So I hope this helps with the concern about getting firmware updates.

googleitson

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I feel like liking him and spamming him with schitty reviews for playing with my emotions...

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
He said we arent getting ICS to get attention and then tries promoting his business. I doubt if one single person from this forum likes that business on facebook.

I sure hope ICS comes for this device. For the specs that are on it, it really would do well.

wolfygang

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Will there be a way to OTA update while keeping root?
Also I successfully zero'd out my ESN and flashed Page Plus's PRL &
now when I check update firmware I get an authentication error, will this
keep me from OTA updates?

joearaujo5488

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I want ics just as bad as you guys...and if i really wanted too...id build my own ics...but lately..i been way too busy...it aint like them good ole days when i had the g1 and helping cyanogen making custom roms...those days are over for me...i aint 17 years old any more...i got priorities now...Sorry if i pissed any one off

joearaujo5488

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Will there be a way to OTA update while keeping root?
Also I successfully zero'd out my ESN and flashed Page Plus's PRL &
now when I check update firmware I get an authentication error, will this
keep me from OTA updates?

Of course
there will be root...when there's a will...there's a way

Last edited:

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I am trying too obtain the tot file as we speak. Please understand it takes alot too pull the file from the LG server and then repost it too the public. it is still block as of 1145am EST. This would be a good time too get unroot and back too pure stock system and your stock recovery as well. If you are getting system update popping on your screen. I will be posting update.zip and the Official tot and dll as there recovered.