Factory Images To Restore Your Phone Back to Factory or Unbrick Your Phone

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: How To Unbrick LGLS840 Back too LS840ZVC OR LS840ZVD Firmware

ok i need some help. followed the instructions and all i keep getting is verno all the way down and port cannot be recognized. wont do anything to the phone at all. i bricked my phone pretty bad trying to install twrp recovery. any tips or anything that could help me? windows 7 32bit proffesional, port is 41 run as admin... the whole works. when i click the start button verno until port cannot be recognized. going to try to reinstall drivers i guess.
Does the phone go into download mode? If the phone will go into that mode it can be unbricked. Other wise you will need to replace the device

StephenUtterback

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

Okay again, I'm stuck at "READY!!" and I have the com port at 41, the phone is in download mode, I re-entered the .tot and .dll in the right places, and It's down to one usb port which I already tried switching around. Any help at all?!

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

select your ls840.dll and tot file press ok . then unplug the usb tip from the phone . when you press the arrow replug the usb tip back into phone and it will start flashing the firmware

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone please help me? I don't know what's going wrong and my phone is acting so weird. It's stuck at ready and I followed every single step word for word.

(Note: needed to only slightly remove Cable from USB Port and quickly re-insert. This is what initiates process to begin.... I remembered reading this from another Forum who had your directions posted as well as Credits to You for your efforts,... this is an important step which should be included in directions,.. if I hadn't read prior to install... I would be sitting at "Ready" in FlashTool after hitting Arrow,.. not knowing what to do from there.)

STANLEY DEAN PARKER

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

:pIf You ICS To LGLS840VMK You cannot root it, not to 4/17/2013 date anyway beyond will see about root then, but i doubt it cheers! VMD works to root and VMI too roots cheers!

TOMMYJOESANDERS YOUR A GODSEND IT WORKED!, STUCK AT 98% FOR A COUPLE MINUTES THEN I CLICKED POWER BUTTON IT After 4G LTE Logo showed then an updated LG Donwload mode screen showed from LGLSVMD Of course, but You know the coolest friggin thing was after i set up my google user account, i went to Software Updates Section of the phone and LG Had already started downloading the exact firmware i wanted which was LGLS840VMI (!!!!) Phuckin A BUBBA! Too cool lovin it, because I was broken at a Security Errored LG Screen Because I uninstalled ten or so Google and sprint apps i DID NOT NEED!!! Well en neee whoooo the system needed them, all this only after i realized my desktop pc was screwed it would not flash i got all VERNO... clear down the liste, within 1 hour of trying LG Flash and VMD ROM On My laptop Win8x64 BTW All is a HUGE THUMBS UP! Thanks I am now off to ROOT The '"BAD BOY'" NOW...!... Kudos to all helpers , Oh and BTW Did I express My happiness? LOL HELL YEAH!!! :p

final UPDate IMMEDIATELY ROOTED ON WIN8 X64 WITH THE ROOT CMD TOOLS CALLED: ....<<< Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15 (2) >>>... n aFTER A SIMPLE REBOOT ALL IS A GO fULLY ROOTED n rEADY TO TAKE ON ANY UPDATES BUT ONLY FOR :LGLS840VMI ... NO WAY AM I INSTALLING SOFTWARE VERSIONS OTHER THAN THIS ONE TO HELL WITH VMK NO ROOT WITH IT NO GOOD T'ALL CHEERS JOE BAD *** MOFO TYVVM!:cool:

Last edited:

R34SKYLINE

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

ok i need some help. followed the instructions and all i keep getting is verno all the way down and port cannot be recognized. wont do anything to the phone at all. i bricked my phone pretty bad trying to install twrp recovery. any tips or anything that could help me? windows 7 32bit proffesional, port is 41 run as admin... the whole works. when i click the start button verno until port cannot be recognized. going to try to reinstall drivers i guess.

I'm having the same problem!!! Helppp!! And my phone does good into download mode!!

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Joe Cannon1

May 19, 2013
Visit site

Ok so what is the grey box about that is asking for dll and s/w when i open the lg flashtool?

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem!!! Helppp!! And my phone does good into download mode!!
go ahead and press the arrow on lg flashtool and then plug in your usb cord to phone. it will pick up the phone and start flashing the firmware.

I don't offer support for any LG Phones due too license expired . Everything I have and all the directions I have are posted. I am willing too do remote access unbricking and flashing back too stock but that will have too done by donation basis.

Last edited by a moderator:

R34SKYLINE

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I do that and it starts to flash but it just says verno then it says fail cannot communicate with port.

ryanwinston27

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't get any message telling me when it's flashing; I followed all your directions and I'm still bricked. :(
EDIT: It worked after I unplugged and plugged back in. Now, how do I root ZVK? I used the tool and it says the binary isn't there under superuser.

Last edited:

bowlingbeeg

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to all this stuff but what I want to do is root my Sprint LG Viper. What I've read is I need to downgrade to ZVI from my current ZVK(which is why I'm on this thread). What I don't understand is that if I don't have my MSL number what sort of issues will I have with the phone after the downgrade? It's not clear to me what the MSL number gets me. Can someone please help. Thanks!

R34SKYLINE

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Every time i try and do this, This happens!
m8l2xv.png

Help!! My phone is not bricked, I was want to restore it, Becouse when it was rooted i downloaded some Beats audio shet. and it changed something in my system and it screwed up the audio in the phone! HELLPPPPPP lol

Mor Hedroom

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
@tommyjoesanders - Thanks so much for this guide. I run a linux box and was able to perform a completely successful downgrade from ZVK to ZVI within a VM. Some of the instructions change in a very minor way for this to work, but it went perfectly, and now I'm at ZVI on an LG LS840 Viper. The only major hitch I had was that I needed not just the VisualC++ runtime 2010, but also the one for 2008. Once I had both installed, everything went smooooth like buttah.

Now I'm going to attempt a root process from XDA. Again, thanks so much! You've shown lots of patience here for us all, and I appreciate it.

-Hedroom

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking about bringing lg unbrick project to AC for all LG Phones. I will be able too unbrick LG Phones with android. Finally got my dealer licenses fee paid. If i can get donations going . I may start posting the files and guides. I am currently unbricking phones by remote access when someone donates too my project.

Posted via Android Central App