How To Guide Too Install Android 4.0.4 update.zip

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Manually install ICS direction

Thank you for them kind words that means alot when we can help members out on daily basis and i will keep on doing what I can for the members and the forum

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Ok I got it now. had it in the wrong port.... I will try the ICS update again once this is all comple and i'll let you know the results
remember too let the phone complete boot up and set your phone up like you did the first day you got it and when you get too the home screen for the first time then follow the thread how too install ICS manually

kanishk619

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Hi, thanks for the ics rom and update procedure, however i'm unable to download the rom and it shows the following error
The download link has been updated (error: #10).
You may now download the file.
If this error is persistent, please try to disable your anti-virus program or add sendspace to your white list.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Hi, thanks for the ics rom and update procedure, however i'm unable to download the rom and it shows the following error
I just check the link and had no issues when I got ready too download. make sure too disable anti virus or use this link and change it too the word update after you download it. just highlight the file and then right click it and then goto rename and then type update it has too be in lowercase letter and then hit enter
http://android.clients.google.com/p...ncremental_package_LS840ZVD_02-ZVI_02_inc.zip

Dcashdollar

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

Ok I figured out my problem. I needed to restart the ADB server.
I had to unplug my phone from my pc turn off and then on usb debuging enter cmd mode on pc, then adb kill-server --> adb start-server -->adb devices
My computer and ADB wasn't reading my device anymore for some reason. I think it may have been since I flashed to ZVD recovery and wiped SD.

^For anyone who gets the message "error: Device not found" when trying to boot recovery

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Ok I figured out my problem. I needed to restart the ADB server.
I had to unplug my phone from my pc turn off and then on usb debuging enter cmd mode on pc, then adb kill-server --> adb start-server -->adb devices
My computer and ADB wasn't reading my device anymore for some reason. I think it may have been since I flashed to ZVD recovery and wiped SD.

^For anyone who gets the message error:Device not found
Make sure your usb debug is on as well

Bat Masterson

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!!!

As of 11/1/2012- The Official Android 4.0.4 was released for the LG Viper 4G LTE. I am trying too get too get it posted at this time with the download link.

Please read this webpage.
Sprint Community: LG Viper 4G LTE: LG Viper 4G LTE Software Updates

Directions how too install the update.zip manually.

1. download this link Download update.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
the filename is update.zip (don't change it or will not be able too install correctly later on in this guide)
2. transfer the file you just downloaded too the root of sd card.

3. make sure you have adb install on pc and turn on usb debug on your device.

4. if you don't have adb install. here is a download link just for you
Download ADB.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

5. when that file is downloaded open it using windows explorer and it will show a folder called adb. copy that folder too the C drive of your pc.

6. now lets run cmd command in windows 7. click on your windows 7 icon on the bottom leftside of your screen.
there is a place called search files and programs. in that spot please type in cmd.

7. now you will get your c:\user\whateverishere> type cd\ and press enter

8. now you should a display that shows c:\

9. next type this command in c:\adb when you have done that press enter

10. now your command prompt is C:\ADB>

11. now type in this command on the C:\ADB> adb reboot recovery and press enter

12. now the phone will reboot in stock recovery and when it does select update.zip in your menu choice in the recovery menu and the process takes about 10 mins too install when it dones your device will reboot too ICS

P.S. your home button is the select button when you chose your update.zip. many members brought it too my attention and glad they did. I forgot too add it too the directions. thanks everyone for correcting me on that note.

Please don't change the filename when you download the update.zip. just download the file and move it too the sd card

msafstrom

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

The only file that Sendspace downloads is Update.zip.exe, then installs WeatherBug, and other useless software. Nothing downloads for the ICS update

ben_ji1974

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone having issues with the notification LED after a manual upgrade? Mine will not work at all. Everything else is golden.

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone having issues with the notification LED after a manual upgrade? Mine will not work at all. Everything else is golden.

No. mine works fine. However, they now set it up to light up orange as soon as the phone hits 15%. For me that's quite annoying.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

I need too know from the forum member are the directions how too install ics manually not clear enough . i have no issue trying too make things better in the directions. i just don't understand whats going on. my pm is getting full messages saying it doesn't work. please forum help me out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7