How To Guide Too Install Android 4.0.4 update.zip

Nudelz

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Manually install ICS direction

And by the way, they are failing at download because Sendspace has you download their installation program by default. You have to uncheck the box.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

OP Is updated with better directions and hope this will make things easier on people. I am sorry I have too use sendspace so make sure you don't add there installer too get your files. I will try too find another method too use for the files

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

OP Is updated with better directions and hope this will make things easier on people. I am sorry I have too use sendspace so make sure you don't add there installer too get your files. I will try too find another method too use for the files

I can host it on my server...unlimited traffic and 1GB bandwidth.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

OP is updated I just got some information in regards too doing manual install. If your LS840ZVC the ICS update will not work, Must be on LS840ZVD before starting manually installing ICS

millyon

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Done and done...
Had to use unbrick method to restore some system files I deleted and upgraded using the update.zip file provided here via adb method... worked just fine.

Feels like a new phone again!!!

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
We never did a factory reset, just forced GPU render if 2d operations and the viper runs fine. Its what I do on all of the ICS/jb phones in our house.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
OP is updated I just got some information in regards too doing manual install. If your LS840ZVC the ICS update will not work, Must be on LS840ZVD before starting manually installing ICS

Its cause the updates are incremental, their the same way for the sprint s3.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Its cause the updates are incremental, their the same way for the sprint s3.

yeah after going over my e-mail and notes. I seen this about that customers can't go from LS840ZVC too LS840ZVI . there was forum member who posted a pic with a error code when trying too apply the update.zip and thats why I went ahead updated the OP about this information. just trying too help keep the thread updated

catchjeff

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
A big shout out to tommy from me. Thank you so much for your help. I bricked my phone and could not get it back up and running with the unbrick method. He walked me through it through email and I got it up and running the other day.

Now I went ahead and installed this update, well it is installing now.

Thank you tommy for all of your help and everything you are doing for our Viper community. You are the bomb diggidy.

ugean

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I keep getting the error "E:signature verification failed" I have not removed any bloatware but I was rooted and have now unrooted the phone. Can someone please help I can't seem to get the update to actually install.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I keep getting the error "E:signature verification failed" I have not removed any bloatware but I was rooted and have now unrooted the phone. Can someone please help I can't seem to get the update to actually install.

you will have too use unbrick method too correct that matter. I know it says unbrick method but also corrects the phone to flash update.zip

ugean

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I just check the link and had no issues when I got ready too download. make sure too disable anti virus or use this link and change it too the word update after you download it. just highlight the file and then right click it and then goto rename and then type update it has too be in lowercase letter and then hit enter
http://android.clients.google.com/p...ncremental_package_LS840ZVD_02-ZVI_02_inc.zip

What is this file?

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I don't want to lose everything. I can wait til sprint sends it down to my phone.
If you rooted the phone and then unrooted . it is not going too matter if you wait on the system update. you will still the same error message. because you broke the OTA Cerifited file already. unbrick guide is the only way too repair that. otherwise you will have too wait on custom recovery and stock rom that flashable

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user