How To Guide Too Install Android 4.0.4 update.zip

Eazy-go

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I'll try that now. Will I loose all my apps and contacts and things?
There are some great backup options for rooted phones, so you can wipe clean, and restore your apps, and stuff..
I noticed a huge performance increase when I did a fresh upgrade.
scares me to think that some people are flashing without backing up...

ugean

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
There are some great backup options for rooted phones, so you can wipe clean, and restore your apps, and stuff..
I noticed a huge performance increase when I did a fresh upgrade.
scares me to think that some people are flashing without backing up...

I would back it up most of my stuff is sync`d to Google anyway. Just not worth the effort of doing it and restoring. If I have to in the end I will. I would rather a custom ROM anyway if anyone knows of one.

cslpainter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Manually install ICS direction

ok so i have the update.zip on my sd card but then i go into recovery i cant see it

ok now im getting cant open error

Last edited:

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

yea lg viper is rooted, and no i only deleted bloatware, sprint tv, sprint nascar, and nba, shopper...etc...

You will have too use unbricked method and reflash the phone and after you flash the phone do a factory reset from the phone. and then you can apply the update.zip using the guide

ugean

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Someone please help. I had a rooted viper so I backed everything up did the unbrick method now twice. It says it fails at 98% but the posts say thats ok as long as it rebooted which it did. Phone appears completely stock. I go to do this and when I select the update.zip I still get "E:signature verification failed Installation aborted" How can I get this thing up to ICS? Thank you!

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Someone please help. I had a rooted viper so I backed everything up did the unbrick method now twice. It says it fails at 98% but the posts say thats ok as long as it rebooted which it did. Phone appears completely stock. I go to do this and when I select the update.zip I still get "E:signature verification failed Installation aborted" How can I get this thing up to ICS? Thank you!
do a factory reset from your settings

ugean

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

should I take the sd card with my backups on it out first? I don't want to lose my backups? Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae