ICS Universal Root -XDA

amino_acid

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Tried it many time... but haven't got a root... and any another PC programs (unlock root and other) show "device is already root"... but I cann't delete system apps from autoloading with autostarts v.1.7.5. SU don't update too.
What do me with it?

Last edited:

sokkershark

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to this level of software manipulation but I really want to root my phone. Got the drivers installed, phone shows up in cmd, green text, debugging/security mode enabled/disabled... just have to press the #1 button. What are the risks of bricking this bad boy? I cant really get a new phone. also is there anything else I should be careful of before i proceed? Im nervous haha from the research it seems like I only have one shot. is there a way to unroot?(I dont know why Id want to just curious)

Vivek Muthal

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
After flashing with ICS now i am not able to root it again saying mount permission denied.
Tried to add su file manually but it says for mount /system doesn't have permission.
Tried flashing ICS many times not working debugging mode and unknown sources are on still not working. Even from adb i tried that mount etc commands please any help will be really appreciated. Thanks

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
After flashing with ICS now i am not able to root it again saying mount permission denied.
Tried to add su file manually but it says for mount /system doesn't have permission.
Tried flashing ICS many times not working debugging mode and unknown sources are on still not working. Even from adb i tried that mount etc commands please any help will be really appreciated. Thanks

*sigh* Just go back to Gingerbread, root, use OTA root keeper and upgrade.

Gregg Wilbert

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
i tried this method and when my phone promts me to restore i click restore' a small box shows up that says 'restore starting...' then it says 'restore ended' and nothing happens
Any help?

ln1234

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't even start rooting my phone because the LG Support Tool won't work for me. I've installed the drivers about ten times and it still won't recognize my device. What do I do?

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I can't even start rooting my phone because the LG Support Tool won't work for me. I've installed the drivers about ten times and it still won't recognize my device. What do I do?

And to changed the comport seeing as indicated in the op?

Sent from my ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2