ICS Universal Root -XDA

Own3r

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
some here has anyone got root to work on ZVK even if it is a different way?

I reflashed back to zvi and used ICS Universal Root -XDA to root ICS.
Then I used ota root keeper to backup root and temp unroot.
Then I let the phone install ZVK.
Then I used ota rootkeeper to restore root.

I had trouble with the lg flash tool setup. I was not seeing LGE Android USB Serial Port under device manager.
I'm using windows 7. I found it in start menu, Devices and printers, LG AndroidNet Phone.
Double click and then click hardware tab.
You will see LGE Android USB Serial Port.
"Make sure you are in download mode".

Omar Ortegon

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
i tried this method and when my phone promts me to restore i click restore' a small box shows up that says 'restore starting...' then it says 'restore ended' and nothing happens
Any help?

This is exactly what is happening to me... Can someone help? When it says to restore its also asking me for the phones encryption password. My phone is not encrypted. I skip it and just click restore and the same as above happens. It says restore starting then immediately says restore ended. Can anyone help?

Bexar80

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I just reverted my viper from ZVK to ZVI and gained root access. I noticed that if you begin removing unwanted system apps the ota update to ZVK will not properly install. If you want the ZVK update after rooting, use root keeper, update ota to ZVK and then begin removing unwanted system apps.

I used root app delete to remove a lot of bloat-ware without causing a security mode. When I rebooted after removing Google Play Movies my phone entered into security mode. I'm going to guess other apps that I do not have listed below will cause the security mode but it will not known until the phone is rebooted after removal. When my phone entered security mode, I had to flash the rom. Thankfully only play movies kicked in security mode because the only way I know to get it out of it is to reload the rom, root and try deleting again (PITA).

I removed the following apps without issue:
youtube (I use the built in Chrome player and have flash loaded back to my phone)
wallet
telenav
google play books
google play magazines
google+
music player
music
shopper
ploaris office
sprint id
sprint zone
sprint tv
sprint nba
sprint music
video player (I use MX player)
talk
tags
voice dialer
power control widget
favorites widget
streaming player

Last edited:

Kevin Montrond

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not to sure if I'm rooted because, I read that I was supposed to reboot a few times but it only happened once.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not to sure if I'm rooted because, I read that I was supposed to reboot a few times but it only happened once.

bowlingbeeg

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else have problems with using applications that require root and the message box keeps popping up to allow or deny, over and over again? It's like it doesn't remember my answer even though I have the box checked to remember.

epochfail

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

I am having the same problem as the people above. It seems like there has already been a resolution, but could someone please elaborate for a noob how to revert to ZVI from ZVK? And by ota update, are you saying over-the-air?

and is root keeper just an app to install? Three questions haha... any help is appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888