ICS Universal Root -XDA

wolfygang

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
1.) Go here: Root MANY ANDROID! [Upd: 13.10.2012] - xda-developers
2.) Scroll to attachments & download "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15.7z"
3.) Watch the video here: Root ICS/JB with Bin4ry's Restore Method: Xperia S/Ion/etc., LG Optimus G, Xperia Tablet & Many More - YouTube!
4.) You have root

If you don't want to watch the video, or go to the link....

Download this: Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15 (2).7z - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Extract it to somewhere you know how to locate it.

1.) Enable USB Debugging and Unknown sources
2.) Plug in phone select charge only
3.) Run command prompt as admin (start>run>cmd, right click)
4.) Navigate to where you extracted files
Ex: if it's in the C:\ drive in the folder Downloads type "c:" then "cd C:\Downloads"
5.) Make sure you navigated correctly by typing "dir" you should see the files
6.) Type "stuff\adb devices" to make sure your device is attached.
If your device was found move on, if not DO NOT CONTINUE you must install the proper drivers.
7.) Type "runme"
Now the dos text should turn green and a file will start running, and you should have two, count them, two, options.
8.) Choose option 1 & hit enter
Now the dos text should turn green and a file will start running,
9.) Look on your phone and the Backup & Restore window should be open, press Restore
Now the program will run and it will reboot your phone several times, do not disconnect until it finishes.

When it's done...
You're rooted! Congratulations!

Last edited:

adamsmiley

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
So no removing bloat then....that sucks.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

I use any app called root app it lets you uninstall stuff. It puts in in a recycling bin so you can pull it back out if you want too. I think it might just be freezing the apps but want ever it does I no these apps stop running with is what I want NO sprint apps on my phone this way.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Security mode... wow these are mid-range phones, that haven't really sold well, compared to sprints other phones and they felt to include a security mode. Wtf?!?!?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Security mode... wow these are mid-range phones, that haven't really sold well, compared to sprints other phones and they felt to include a security mode. Wtf?!?!?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

LG must be paranoid about something. And with the release of the Optimus G and Mach looming, it probably made them overly protective of their phones this time.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173