ICS Bug Reports

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I am having issues with the automatic brightness control ! :-(

Same here

Also,I think it it's dumb that on the home screen, the search bar is permanent, even though the search key is right there on the bottom.

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network

mharrison82

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Same here

Also,I think it it's dumb that on the home screen, the search bar is permanent, even though the search key is right there on the bottom.

You can turn off that search bar...just disable google search app

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
No force closes here. Sprint id closed a free times, but it stopped

Anyone try the new fonts? They even show up on the Swype keyboard. One looks like the Simpson's font, but it got annoying

trailz

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
sprint id f/c a lot when in play store.. unistalled it using titianiumbackup. then unistalled the google bar at the top.(phone seems alot faster now without sID)
my brightness control has some hickups. but only when i push the brightness button. have to go into the settings and reset it.
i use power amp for music. still works fine but every now and then i hear a skip like its processing or something.
my biggest cripe is the stupid word bubbles for texting now. Liked the gb style much better. looking for a theme or some way to change back or to something else. any advice for the texting?

cooch1214

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I am having this same issue. The only way I can get mobile data to work is by turning put the phone to CDMA only mode. Did you figure out a way to fix this?

I have an interesting bug. I did the manual update, and ever since I have not been able to complete a speed test while on eHRPD. In order to complete one, i have to go to CDMA only. Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE LS840 using Tapatalk 2

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
New bug: the phone keeps reading the sd card over and over for minutes at a time, and then it goes away for a while. I notice out because it comes up in the status bar.

Is this because the new software is too fast for my cheap sd card? It is a SanDisk, class 4 I *think*

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
New bug: the phone keeps reading the sd card over and over for minutes at a time, and then it goes away for a while. I notice out because it comes up in the status bar.

Is this because the new software is too fast for my cheap sd card? It is a SanDisk, class 4 I *think*

my advice is too pull everything you want from sd card and store it on your pc and then reformat the sd card using your device and then put whatever back on the card and will notice after the reformat you will see alot of new folders on the sd card now

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I am having this same issue. The only way I can get mobile data to work is by turning put the phone to CDMA only mode. Did you figure out a way to fix this?

No. I tried the un-brick method and won't be back into an eHRPD market until this Saturday. What area are you in? Maybe you can downgrade back to Gingerbread and re-update with a clean install and see if that fixes it.

cooch1214

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I am in the Chicago area and EHRPD is common. I will try the unbrick when I get a chance and let you know.

No. I tried the un-brick method and won't be back into an eHRPD market until this Saturday. What area are you in? Maybe you can downgrade back to Gingerbread and re-update with a clean install and see if that fixes it.

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I am in the Chicago area and EHRPD is common. I will try the unbrick when I get a chance and let you know.

Ok. Let me know. I had the problem in 3 different Sprint markets over the weekend: Vegas, Riverside/San Bernardino, & Los Angeles, so I know it's not just one area.

cooch1214

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried this, but it did not work.

I have tried turning off Sprint Optimizer, as well, changed profiles in the other
modes, and still not working. I will be in a 4G area in an hour and will see what's up there.

Wonder if this is why I did not receive the Sprint notification that the update was available?

UPDATE: I am in a 4G area and it appears to be working fine on the LTE network. I don't know if I will be able to do the unbrick method and try the manual ICS update again until next week, but for now, I will have to get accustomed to switching back and forth between those settings, if I need 3G connectivity.

try updating your device profile in cdma and then after that completes turn on your 4g and see if that resolved the issue

Last edited:

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried this, but it did not work.

I have tried turning off Sprint Optimizer, as well, changed profiles in the other
modes, and still not working. I will be in a 4G area in an hour and will see what's up there.

Wonder if this is why I did not receive the Sprint notification that the update was available?

UPDATE: I am in a 4G area and it appears to be working fine on the LTE network. I don't know if I will be able to do the unbrick method and try the manual ICS update again until next week, but for now, I will have to get accustomed to switching back and forth between those settings, if I need 3G connectivity.

Mine worked for LTE too on Saturday night. Strange. I'm taking my phone to Sprint this week, and have them test it out.

Sent from my LG-LS840 Viper 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

cooch1214

May 30, 2011
Visit site
In my office, I have strong 4G connectivity... oddly right outside my office, it goes into EHRPD. From what I noticed, I get a very slow connection on EHRPD, where it seems to let little bits of data through at a very slow rate (i.e. twicca updates as I scroll down the list or the occasional email).

I suspect that the slow data rates on EHRPD are causing other apps to timeout before actually getting enough throughput to deliver the necessary data. Still an issue, but thought I would try to summarize what I have found. Please update if you find anything out from Sprint.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been turning wifi on randomly other than that no bugs that I've come across any ideas on possible fix for this?

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been turning wifi on randomly other than that no bugs that I've come across any ideas on possible fix for this?

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

That is am easy fix out I'd the connections optimizer in the wireless settings, bring up system settings, under wireless and networks press more then scroll down to mobile networks and press it then the connections optimizer is in there just uncheck the box

yoshimail

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
That's probably not a bug, but most likely the Sprint Connection Optimizer trying to get the phone at the "best data connection" state. I personally turned it off since I like to take control of the data myself and the notification bar control buttons do a great job at that already. :)

TheTick

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of the notification bar...has anyone encountered a situation where the notification bar seems to freeze up on screen after you pull it down? Can't tap on any of the notices, and if you hit the home button, it seems to clear off but takes a bit of time (15-30 seconds). Will keep happening each time until you reboot, where it works for a while then starts with the same problem.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams