Awesome we have ICS, but...

wolfygang

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
IT IS SO UGLY! Compared to CM9/10 and AOKP the icons suck and the status bar icons are blocky.
We need a custom rom! lol

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I personally like the differences, sets it apart from others
Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I see where you are coming from. But I think its just because your not used to it

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a couple questions for anyone that wants too chime in on them. the only reason why I am asking I haven't had much time too do anything with the viper. So here is the questions. 1) has anyone done a system pull? 2) what custom recovery version is stable? 3) Re-Root after update works correct? The reason why I am asking. I want too start on some custom themes and work on a kernel with battery saver and performance tweak. any feedback would be great and thank you as always

Dannyman3819

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a couple questions for anyone that wants too chime in on them. the only reason why I am asking I haven't had much time too do anything with the viper. So here is the questions. 1) has anyone done a system pull? 2) what custom recovery version is stable? 3) Re-Root after update works correct? The reason why I am asking. I want too start on some custom themes and work on a kernel with battery saver and performance tweak. any feedback would be great and thank you as always

1) Nope not on ICS
2) ICS changed the boot.img so neither mine nor PP recovery works on ICS,
3) Yes I used this http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-viper-4g-lte/221448-ics-universal-root-xda.html

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Really I like it, personally touchwiz is hideous compared to LGS new skin.

Try living with green and orange laziness for three weeks on ICS while waiting for a root method. At least the update is sort of pure ICS.

But to me it looks like they combined features from touchwiz/miui/aosp and made an ultra-skin.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I have to disagree with the OP. I think the LG skin is so smooth, and they even give you a choice for a more stock home launcher that looks a lot like pure Google.

I wish I could hide the drawer and status bar, because I think everything else they did is awesome, and I don't feel like using Holo and losing some of the cool new interface designs.

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network

Last edited:

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site

full v6 supercharge + kak so far....working on a theme..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis