How to boot into recovery

lmoore55

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
The button sequence to boot into recovery is to hold both volume buttons and power until the lg screen shows up, release the power button but continue holding the volume buttons until recovery is on screen.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
The button sequence to boot into recovery is to hold both volume buttons and power until the lg screen shows up, release the power button but continue holding the volume buttons until recovery is on screen.

I believe you have too have the device off too start that process correct me if i am wrong

joearaujo5488

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Good looks. I was looking everywhere for this since i forgot it. I eventually found out how, but didnt kno it can just be done from when the phone is off..thanks a lot man

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Although in the future all you need to access it is a blank file called update.zip on your sdcard, since that is all the recovery checks for.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm maybe all of the vipers behave differently then cause ours would boot past recovery unless there was an update.zip present because the stock recovery checks for its presence, if its not there it will boot past it. Your phone must be an anomaly.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

catchjeff

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
To boot into recovery can we use a rebooted app to reboot into recovery?

Reason I ask is because I had cwm on my phone and used the delooper zip and got cwm off my phone but I don't think it but the stock recovery on my phone.When I
Reboot into recovery using an app all I get is Droid and a box with an arrow coming out of it and what appears to be
Status bar but it does not move. Does that mean its loading the update by itself? Am I in recovery or did the delooper zip not
Install the stock recovery for me?

catchjeff

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I got the update on the sd card but it just hangs on the screed with droid and the box with the arrow and the status bar is not moving and it hangs on this screen. I did not nor did I have to select and files to upload, it just went to this screen its self and nothing.

Basically it is hanging on this screen, what did I do wrong? Does it search for the file itself and automatically download the update?

I am not new to rooting and flashing, just not this way. So used to cwm to do all the work for me.

catchjeff

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
When my phone shows this and I hit the power buton it says rebooting. I did not have a menu show up to select the update file. Do I need to put a recovery on my phone? Did the delooper remove cwm but not put the stock recovery file on my phone? I am at a loss because it just hangs on the screen with droid and the box with the arrow for over 20 minutes.

Basically I dont get a menu to select anything, just droid and the box with the arrows.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
When my phone shows this and I hit the power buton it says rebooting. I did not have a menu show up to select the update file. Do I need to put a recovery on my phone? Did the delooper remove cwm but not put the stock recovery file on my phone? I am at a loss because it just hangs on the screen with droid and the box with the arrow for over 20 minutes.

Basically I dont get a menu to select anything, just droid and the box with the arrows.

sounds like you may want too use unbrick method too repair the partitions and then use the manual install ics. thats the best advice i can offer u

catchjeff

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Now trying the unbrick method but getting an error when I go that route and run the flash tool as admin. I am getting a side by side configuration incorrect error when I use the unbrick method. Ugh

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok so got access to computer today tried the cd\adb command and kept saying cannot find specified path ahhh what am I doing wrong I want ics already ahhh

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok so got access to computer today tried the cd\adb command and kept saying cannot find specified path ahhh what am I doing wrong I want ics already ahhh

did you download the adb zip and open the zip using windows explorer and copy whats inside the zip too C: Drive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis