ics sms options or lack there of

trailz

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
after the update I find my self missing the old GB text messaging style. the chat style I guess. These new ballons are kind of child-ish and make the space i actually read the messages even smaller which is very frustrating. is there a way to change back to the chat style like GB had.

would like to avoid flashing roms, but none of the thrid party apps i have seen look any better. any suggestions?

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I like the functionality of the new one.

I used handcent with GB since there was a bug with the native app that wouldn't update messages in real time unless I hit the back key and re opened the thread.

But I think the new one is fine now, and it isn't bloated.

Anyway, hand cent looked good and was less bloated than Go, our you could try the Sprint messenger app under the Sprint section of the play store.

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network

staticK78

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Handcent has known compatibility w/ ICS. The Sprint messenger app charges you a $2 fee after 30 days. You may want to check out Chomp SMS. It's free, highly customizable, and works great w/ ICS.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I used chomp, and liked it. I think I liked handcent better, but I can't remember why.

So yeah, I'd run with chomp

Sent from my Viper 4G

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
after the update I find my self missing the old GB text messaging style. the chat style I guess. These new ballons are kind of child-ish and make the space i actually read the messages even smaller which is very frustrating. is there a way to change back to the chat style like GB had.

would like to avoid flashing roms, but none of the thrid party apps i have seen look any better. any suggestions?

I've used handcent and gosms. Personally I loved handcent but it won't display messages when sent to non smart phones. It shows up encrypted so I switched to go SMS. They r both customizable, but in gosms you can assign ringtones and different signatures to each person on the messaging, not the chat. Or maybe That's vice versa. Either way.......I do have a fairy theme installed for the app icons, but I use my own pics for backgrounds and folders on the home screen.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352183307002.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352183307002.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 53
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352183326061.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352183326061.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 53
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352183388521.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352183388521.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 53
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352183400564.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352183400564.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 52

trailz

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I was kinda liking go sms while I was setting it up but ack its terrible to use.
Pumpkins ang ghosts flying around on my screan is really dumb. I just want a clean list style messaging. Guess I have to wait for a new rom or something.

trailz

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
those screen shots above look like a nightmare! not for everyone i guess. i might flash back to gb, really disappointed in ics.
its pretty lame. maybe just not used to it. but since ics i had to find a different keyboard, and why oooo why do i have to read my messages in bubbles. i shouldnt have to download apps or pay for apps just to do what i used to do for free anyways.:mad::mad::mad:

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
those screen shots above look like a nightmare! not for everyone i guess. i might flash back to gb, really disappointed in ics.
its pretty lame. maybe just not used to it. but since ics i had to find a different keyboard, and why oooo why do i have to read my messages in bubbles. i shouldnt have to download apps or pay for apps just to do what i used to do for free anyways.:mad::mad::mad:

I like my screens bright n busy.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

I'm kinda digging contacts+ and the layout they use. I think you will like it off you like clean subdued interfaces.

Give it a try.

sent from my LG Viper using my thumb and Swype.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma