disabling stock apps

Eazy-go

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
After getting nabbed by the security error for uninstalling apps, and becoming quite good at unbricking and restoring,
I noticed the stock ICS app manager, has a disable option. which actually seems to work.
I have currently disabled
Google play books,
Google play magazines
Google play movies
Google play music
google search
Nascar
News and weather
Shopper
Sprint music plus
Sprint tv and movies
Streaming player
I have not tried to disable any more, .
App manager reports around 430 free,
no issues with rebooting, or restores.
Anyone else successfully disable any other apps?

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Noticed that took, but Sprint ID is off limits, of course :banghead:

Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Noticed that took, but Sprint ID is off limits, of course :banghead:

Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

I totally uninstalled Sprint ID and all other bloat with Titanium just fine.... IDK why people keep getting this error

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
After getting nabbed by the security error for uninstalling apps, and becoming quite good at unbricking and restoring,
I noticed the stock ICS app manager, has a disable option. which actually seems to work.
Google play books,
Google play magazines
Google play movies
Google play music
google search
Nascar
News and weather
Shopper
Sprint music plus
Sprint tv and movies
Streaming player

How do you disable apps? It doesn't give me that option.

Sent from my LG-LS840 Viper 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

trailz

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Ypu can uninstall the sprint stuff. And sprint id with tiBup its the google stuff that will get you the error. I guess just dissable. I didn't try freezing them.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Not rooted. It isn't a big deal to me, I'm loving it as it is.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

adamsmiley

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Google play books,
Google play magazines
Google play movies
Google play music
google search
Nascar
News and weather
Shopper
Sprint music plus
Sprint tv and movies
Streaming player

Where do the apps go if you disable them? Can you get them back later if you want? I have used an app called "root app" even on GB and it does the same thing but it puts them in a recycling bin so you could put them back if you wanted. I did all the Sprint ones with "root app" even Sprint ID with no issues other then when I updated to ICS I had to put them all back for the update to work.

catchjeff

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I use Titanium Back Up Pro to freeze any apps I do not need. Basically it makes it so the phone does not see them but they are there. If you go to delete any files using TB I suggest making a back up of all the system apps using the batch mode. This way if you delete something you can always put it back on your phone.

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I looked at this. I have no idea where they go. Lol. I am not sure how one would re "enable" them once you leave the info screen. I, in the process, noticed that the stock App Manager in settings now does not have an All Apps option to see system apps, so unless you've downloaded updates, the system apps aren't in there. And you have to uninstall the updates to disable, so disabled apps appear to be unfindable.

I assume though, that since it's part of the stock system, it wouldn't impact updates.

Strange though.

Sent from my ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I looked at this. I have no idea where they go. Lol. I am not sure how one would re "enable" them once you leave the info screen. I, in the process, noticed that the stock App Manager in settings now does not have an All Apps option to see system apps, so unless you've downloaded updates, the system apps aren't in there. And you have to uninstall the updates to disable, so disabled apps appear to be unfindable.

I assume though, that since it's part of the stock system, it wouldn't impact updates.

Strange though.

All apps are there you have to move the top area over to show it. But you are right about system apps having top be UN updated first

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
All apps are there you have to move the top area over to show it. But you are right about system apps having top be UN updated first

D'oh! Thanks! GB didn't require you to scroll the top bar, did it? Oh well. So yeah, they can easily be reenabled. I actually really like this. Built in stock "freezing"?? Awesome. Very surprised at how much of the bloat is abke to be disabled. Good job, LG!

Eazy-go

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
when the app manager first opens, the disabled apps are still there in the current tab... just scroll click enable and the app is good again.

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Idk why people are having an issue...just don't touch google services and common sense...i uninstalled sprint id right away, no probs, and all the other bloatware too., i am curious what triggers this...

Ruslick

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I use system app remover
chart

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member