Battery life help

adamsmiley

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any good ways to save battery? I thought after we went to ICS that it might get better but I can't make it thought the day with out charging my battery and I did not have this issues with my EVO. I already have two apps one to turn off wifi when not needed and one to turn of buletooth when not being used. I think there is any issue with the phone not sleeping right but that is just my thought. I do have it rooted if there is something that only works on a rooted phone I'm open to that too.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
2x battery app will manage your Wi-Fi and data connections well enough to get you through the day.

sent from my LG Viper using my thumb and Swype.

catchjeff

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this too. Once I froze all the stock sprint apps and other apps I dont need it helped the battery life a lot. The sprint apps have a habit of running in the background all the time.

I used Titaniun Backup to freeze my apps. you need the pro verzion to do this but I highly reccommend paying for the pro version.

adamsmiley

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this too. Once I froze all the stock sprint apps and other apps I dont need it helped the battery life a lot. The sprint apps have a habit of running in the background all the time.

I used Titaniun Backup to freeze my apps. you need the pro verzion to do this but I highly reccommend paying for the pro version.

I have freeze all the sprint apps already. What other apps did you freeze?

scaramouch1

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Depends what your doing on your phone if your browsing the net 5+ hrs a day this is a battery burner then u will need to charge battery more often
Yes u can use apps to kill apps but I doubt it'll solve your problem

I use my s3 quad to browse net sometimes 5+ hrs a day so i need to recharge again that day sometimes
this is how smartphones are the battery doesn't last forever

I set the screen brightness to about 20% anything more looks too bright for indoor use
I have wifi & gps & bluetooth turned off cos I don't use those functions
I don't use apps to turn apps off

some times if your constantly killing apps through out the day this can be a bigger battery drain than if u didn't kill them
Also ads that are being sent to your phone when u open the app can drain battery more

If u bought a new top of the range car
would u drive it at 50 MPH cos it Burns alot of petrol
I doubt anyone would so why restrict your phone

Maybe get a bigger battery 3000mah or more may be a better solution

Sent from my GT-I9300 quad-core :)

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Tasker? I have some sleep policies set up for it, and I'll share if you want it.

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

adamsmiley

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Do you have Tasker? I have some sleep policies set up for it, and I'll share if you want it.

I do not could you send me a link to it. I found one app in google play called that but don't see how that would help the phone sleep better.

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Lol, download the free trial, lemme send you some magic ;)

http://db.tt/lWmsyssI

I'd suggest disabling any profiles that you don't need, but to get it, download the file, then go to Tasker, and turn off beginner mode, then go back to the main menu, and drag down the "Profiles" tab, now long press the home icon that you just brought up, and import the xml

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
In battery usage, screen is always #1 for me, so definitely I would lower brightness...also w/ the option to disable front key lights, id go for that too, ( you know where they are, who cares if its lit right?), nfc off when not needed, auto rotate off, and also I use setcpu w/ profiles...screen off max 810mhz min 384, in call min 384 max 980, and battery < 20% min 384 max 810, seems to help.

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
My sleep policy does the cpu already, and it has a "battery save mode", which reduces brightness, timeout, and turns off wifi and mobile data

Also, while screen is off, it turns off mobile data and wifi