Anyone notice lack of LED notification Flashes?

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I was browsing through the settings.xml, did see a line referring to notification led pulse , was set to 0, changed it to 1....now i see w/ screen off the led is blinking, but i honestly can't recall if it did that before, and even if notifications were producing any type of led action. Any input?

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I was browsing through the settings.xml, did see a line referring to notification led pulse , was set to 0, changed it to 1....now i see w/ screen off the led is blinking, but i honestly can't recall if it did that before, and even if notifications were producing any type of led action. Any input?

Contact LGE. It's probably a bug.

- - - Updated - - -

Contact LGE. It's probably a bug.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I noticed it too... I do miss the green light... perhaps there's an app for that... (please don't see me apple)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the optimus G manual, which seems to be the device that the code for all of the new LG platforms is based on.

From the picture with all of the labels of the device features, it appears as though they is no front LED light. It must use the home keys, or no light at all.

sent from my LG Viper using my thumb and Swype.

Last edited:

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Its a known LG thing....but ive been really digging deep into logs, xml's, db's...finding alot of interesting stuff...including that led pulse off string, there's a shortcut hidden menu .com referring to lednotification...which led me to even stranger discoveries, going to try and get this all figured out, so many capabilities need to be unlocked, it even mentions in the system files ( i forgot exactly which .xml or if it was .prop ), the cpu as 1.5 ghz, i know we'll be able to o/c to 1.8 easily, just gotta get going on a kernel ;)

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Its a known LG thing....but ive been really digging deep into logs, xml's, db's...finding alot of interesting stuff...including that led pulse off string, there's a shortcut hidden menu .com referring to lednotification...which led me to even stranger discoveries, going to try and get this all figured out, so many capabilities need to be unlocked, it even mentions in the system files ( i forgot exactly which .xml or if it was .prop ), the cpu as 1.5 ghz, i know we'll be able to o/c to 1.8 easily, just gotta get going on a kernel ;)

In settings.xml, i found references to VZW. Why would that be?

Sent from my LG-LS840 Viper 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
LG lazy programmers...universally written code for their many phones, and instead of taking the time to customize per handset, they just toss on universal things that don't get used. Plus, upon initial design on phone, they don't know which carrier will receive which...Also...we roam on verizon towers....(Some fact some thought there)

Dannyman3819

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I edited the setting.xml in for the notification flash to 1 and now it flashes like every second. And does anybody know what /system/etc/efs.txt is for or is it just a log

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I edited the setting.xml in for the notification flash to 1 and now it flashes like every second. And does anybody know what /system/etc/efs.txt is for or is it just a log
thats what i said in my OP, it does work....just needs some tweaking, w/ that setting now on, im gonna first try an app: Lightflow....now, EFS is one of the partitions of eMMC file system, we don't have an efs partition, thats why its a .txt, ready for some of the other cayman devices apparently the one on vzw must mount efs.

Last edited:

pmoneyprix

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been using lightflow for the past few days. Its hit n miss from my experience. Emails and ebay show up but text messages are iffy. Id love to have this working, my optimus didn't have it. Its one of the things I'm gonna look for in a phone now, considering all I really needed was dual cores a decent camera and memory. Everything else can be fine tuned by us..:)

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
this is the first phone ive seen that doesnt have it lol, I found an app though that " simulates " it, you choose where on your screen and it will flash a small dot of your color choice.

mharrison82

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Can't say that I have noticed it working....only time the light comes in is when battery is charging/charged

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

vrvallejo

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I sent my text alert to give a green led (like when the battery is completely charged.)

Hack for the that mod is somewhere in these forums...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey