any one know what apps arre safe to remove after ics update?

Chazor

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
computer just crapped out on me so i cant really do trial an error
witch sprint apps can be removed without throughing into security mode

sparkyslots

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Her is the list of what I removed:

This had no effect on my phone after the update.

We used Root App Delete, Download from Market.

shot_000010.png

shot_000013.png

Last edited:

Eazy-go

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
if you use the stock app manager to disable the apps it lets you, those apps will not run anymore, and you wont have to unbrick to GB to reload ics..

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the stock manager just freezes them. I noticed in tibu yesterday that the apps I disabled in stock now show as frozen there.

Sent from my V6Supercharged ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I've uninstalled Talk, Sprint ID, Android keyboard, Home, Home Selector, Google +, Launcher, Nascar, Telenav, Gmail, Browser. All uninstalled via TI backup. Google wallet i froze bc i use sometimes.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Chazor

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
: need to get my vdev laptop back and find this security protocol and figure a way to disable it without adverse effects
Also thankyour for the imput guys its been helpful

lancejz

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
It turns out integrating updates of Google Apps into the system also cause the security error. I hope there is a fix for this soon, or at least what app or apps I have to be careful about. This is very aggravating, Google, I'm not happy with you for doing this BS.

lancejz

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
n0ve is right, task killers are a joke. I get way better performance without them, stopped using them years ago. Waist of money, if they are paid ones.

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Plus since your used to task killers....in GB yes you saw much more 'free' ram, ICS ram management involves alot more background caching of apps, which does speed up the loading process, and is supposed to be better overall, but their minifree values aren't the greatest, that's where scripting comes in, also one of the main reasons for JB release, the ICS memory fix.

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Apps to occasionally clear cache, or force close specific apps like certain games that like to linger, are fine, but task killers, no no....Since majority of users are " Windows PC users" they view RAM unlike a linux user.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34