Foxfi NOT working with the 4.0.4 update

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Foxfi doesn't work on ICS/jb yet period. They are working on getting it running.

If your rooted use Wireless tether from the market.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Foxfi doesn't work on ICS/jb yet period. They are working on getting it running.

If your rooted use Wireless tether from the market.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Curious where you read this. On foxfi.com it states .... WiFi mode currently works on most Samsung/Motorola/LG phones and new HTC phones with Android 4.0 (HTC One etc. And also if you look at their list of compatible devices there are many that run 4.0 and are compatible. Even says 4.1 for the Galaxy Nexus.

Which version of FoxFi are you using? I just noticed that they now have version 1.95, previous was 1.93. Of course, they don't post a change log :confused:
Wait... there is a change log in the Play Store & it says to stick with ICS and below. Not compatible with JB yet. Also says there is now a paid version & the free version has a time limit restriction. WTF?!?!?

I'm not trying to bust balls, just trying to find a solution. My wife has been holding off on the ics update because she uses FoxFi regularly.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Foxfi works for us on ics just downloaded it and updated my ps3 with it free version kinda sux tho there's a half hour time limit before restart but for 7 bucks but can but pro key honestly its worth the 7 dollar one time fee versus 30 monthly

Sent from my ice cream flavored viper ls840

R34SKYLINE

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Why is foxfi slow? Well for me when I turn it on and connect it to my ps3 I can't even log in? And I'm connected to sprints LTE network.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm idk why I'm only on 3g network and can game online with mine with virtually nonlag hardly ever try un installing and reinstalling see if that helps

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Damn idk then that sux man maybe u should root and try a different app hotspot widget is a good one if your rooted

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Just want to add a positive report.... I finally updated my wife's Viper to ICS this weekend & her FoxFi still works (although she is still using v1.8.3)