updating rooted lg viper to ls840zvi

arn1016

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a rooted lg viper ls840zvd and want to know can i run the update to update to ls840zvi and keep my root access or will it unroot me? If it will unroot me i would prefer to just.block.the update notification if i can update the rooted phlne and keep root i want to.atleast stop the pop up from poping up every 5min
Thanks

arn1016

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I dont have my computer .. Out of town for the week. I actually read you can use voodoo ota rootkeeper just weighing if its worth it or not heard good and.bad aboht ics on the viper. Anyone have any input on voodoo ota rootkeeper

arn1016

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Ill
Voodoo ota root keeper does work.
I used it when I updated
ill give it a try right now.just was worried if something went wrong i dont bave a computer whjle im out of town to fix it. So from voodoo i hit backup root and then i can update and it will keep it automatically or will i have to open up voodoo to get my root access back?

arn1016

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
It failed halfway thru.. I am tryin again but now my phone thinks.its up to.date and im on zvd.. :-( any help i have all sprint apps installed.

Derick Parham

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Same thing keeps on happening to me.......
a good way to try to redownload the update and run it to see if 2nd or 3rd times the charm is by following this
Settings>Applications>Storage Use> and Clear data and cash for both "Gallery" and "Google Services Framework" and reboot. If the phone still does not want to register the update, try punching this into the dialpad (Stock) *#*#checkin#*#*

arn1016

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Stock? I havent flashed anything on my.lg viper.. I learned.the.clear google.service framework il clear the gallery too

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta