[ROM] [GB] SmartViper

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes the recovery can be written to have support for both edify and amend scripting, really any good recovery would have support for both. It involves editing the recovery, from what I hear its fairly simple but I don't know how to work with boot.imgs/ recovery.imgs.

Sent from my LG-LS855 using Android Central Forums

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes the recovery can be written to have support for both edify and amend scripting, really any good recovery would have support for both. It involves editing the recovery, from what I hear its fairly simple but I don't know how to work with boot.imgs/ recovery.imgs.

Sent from my LG-LS855 using Android Central Forums

Gotcha, I'm editing my source code now. :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Dannyman3819

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
ok im here my dad turned the internet off last night. also I could convert to amend if it would be eaiser i just chose edify cuz it has the print function

JoshCo1n

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Just tried flashing it as a test for my TWRP build. It's extremely laggy, the only thing that seems to be fine are the android menu and lock screen. I can send you my TWRP build if you want to see for yourself.

@nigel missed you on irc :\

Edit:
Why does it only say "Toolbox!" when I run "reboot recovery" in shell :|?

Dannyman3819

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
ok I think its because it trying to download the ota update so its fixed in the next version. i will test and maybe upload if fixed.
Um when you flash 3.2???

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
ok I think its because it trying to download the ota update so its fixed in the next version. i will test and maybe upload if fixed.
Um when you flash 3.2???

danny, to prevent ota update prompts, just delete /etc/security/otacerts.zip. That's what tells the device what to search for on the server.

And /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip. Delete both of them , and you're good!

Dannyman3819

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Just a question, if you know it breaks wifi, why keep it in there? I'm pretty sure people use wifi more than 3G and 4G.

Well when I first tried wifi it worked fine until this morning when I found out my wifi wouldn't turn on. It an easy fix just haven't had the time yet.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power