jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
That's why WiMAX will always be the best. May not be fast, but Sprint did a great job with the rollout.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why WiMAX will always be the best. May not be fast, but Sprint did a great job with the rollout.

Wimax speeds are probably greater than what I get on LTE anyway. And even at the 5-10gb I'm averaging on 4g now, it's still faster than my home speed.

If sprint had gotten Wimax coverage that rivaled verizon's lte, it would be a different ballgame.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

rigdon420

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Uh... I get about 20mbps on lte

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

The only time I got to use sprints lte it came in at 8 MB down and like 2 up... Where as Wimax on the evo was faster. Can say I'm starting to miss sprints unlimited data with my evo, but Verizon doesn't seem so bad.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The only time I got to use sprints lte it came in at 8 MB down and like 2 up... Where as Wimax on the evo was faster. Can say I'm starting to miss sprints unlimited data with my evo, but Verizon doesn't seem so bad.

Trust me, Verizon is worse than it seems, especially in the billing department.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rigdon420

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Trust me, Verizon is worse than it seems, especially in the billing department.

They are a little outrageous on some parts of their Billing, probably will go back to sprint in a couple years, was with them for ten years or so, just sucks that where I moved to has horrible data speeds for now and no lte.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Which part do you disagree with him on?

Clear's WiMax rollout. Trust me, I've had Verizon a while ago. Their CS sucks. I had trouble activating my Droid Eris, and I had to use QPST to program it myself, since she didn't know how to manually program a phone failing the OTA Profile Update.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm talking about coverage wise bro lol. Wimax got so many holes that sprint with only 70ish complete filled most of already and still rolling out

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm talking about coverage wise bro lol. Wimax got so many holes that sprint with only 70ish complete filled most of already and still rolling out

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, but Clear just suddenly stopped the rollout of WiMax. They hadn't finished yet, but their moving on to the newer LTE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis