[COT NG][TOUCH]Project Open Cannibal Touch

nitemarenet

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [COT][TOUCH]Project Open Cannibal Touch

There's no touch ability on the image i flashed, its all text driven.. wrong image?

I should correct myself, home/menu are Down/Up respectively, and back/search both do "back" function.

RavenPhoenyx

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Alright, so I went to install the COT recovery. I have made flash_image executable and followed the instructions to install the COT Recovery 2.1. It seems to work fine, via the adb shell, but when I adb reboot recovery, all I get is a light blue screen that says Enter the fastboot... Enter the fastboot.... Long time no see! I don't remember having ever installed or used fastboot, especially since this is the first I have messed with installing a recovery or anything since I rooted. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I didn't get a logcat to post, as it has never kicked an error.

anon(963605)

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Alright, so I went to install the COT recovery. I have made flash_image executable and followed the instructions to install the COT Recovery 2.1. It seems to work fine, via the adb shell, but when I adb reboot recovery, all I get is a light blue screen that says Enter the fastboot... Enter the fastboot.... Long time no see! I don't remember having ever installed or used fastboot, especially since this is the first I have messed with installing a recovery or anything since I rooted. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I didn't get a logcat to post, as it has never kicked an error.

You are on ZVI (Ice Cream Sandwich) right? If you are you have to be on ZVD (Gingerbread).

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

RavenPhoenyx

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Ah, I see. Is there going to be support in the future for COT on ICS or is there another good functioning recovery that I can use with it?

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Ah, I see. Is there going to be support in the future for COT on ICS or is there another good functioning recovery that I can use with it?

ICS isn't supported by any recovery on the Viper. I tried hacking away at the bootloader, but looking at the Optimus G and the LG Lucid, they go back to Gingerbread before they flash any roms, therefore meaning that no one was successful in hacking the bootloader. ICS will probably never be supported.

sokkershark

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

So this recovery only works with gingerbread.... i was updated a while back to ics through the auto updates. is there a method (unbricking?) to downgrade to gb so i can install the recovery?

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

So this recovery only works with gingerbread.... i was updated a while back to ics through the auto updates. is there a method (unbricking?) to downgrade to gb so i can install the recovery?

The unbrick method is the safest way and only way to downgrade.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

nitemarenet

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

I've been working crazy hours the past few days. Has there been any update on this? I still haven't been able to flash/wipe/anything with this recovery. I'll help anyway I can, even if it means going through code or building it. Let me know.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

I've been working crazy hours the past few days. Has there been any update on this? I still haven't been able to flash/wipe/anything with this recovery. I'll help anyway I can, even if it means going through code or building it. Let me know.

I'm going to update it sometime today or tomorrow. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

anon(963605)

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Format() expects 4 args, got 3
E;Error in /sdcard/pandarom.zip
Status 7

Sorry I couldn't do anything any thing else I have no computer to do it with.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

sokkershark

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Tried this recovery today I think there is a select problem still. Holding down the power button for bit longer than an instant gets you to the next menu, but do it again sends you back to main menu. Anyone fixed this yet?