[GPL][KERNEL] Nigel meets ZVI ;)

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Project ViperB2G presents...
Nigel Meets the Fox (Stock ZVI Kernel with Recovery Repack)

About Android:
Android is the world's most popular mobile platform. With Android you can use all the Google apps you know and love, plus there are more than 600,000 apps and games available on Google Play to keep you entertained, alongside millions of songs and books, and thousands of movies. Android devices are already smart, and will only get smarter, with new features you won't find on any other platform, letting you focus on what's important and putting you in control of your mobile experience.

What to do when an error occurs:
DO NOT simply say "xxxx doesn't work" as that is highly unhelpful and will probably be ignored. Instead, post the recovery log! To grab a log when an error occurs, simply open a terminal (or command prompt if on Windows), "cd" to an easily accessible directory and execute:

Code:
adb logcat Paste the log as an attachment (don't paste the text inside, as it can be very long), or paste it on pastebin.com.

Flashing instructions:
su dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8
Download Nigel meets Fox (kernel) :
By clicking the link below you agree that you are flashing this kernel at your own risk. Neither myself, Project EpicB2G, nor anyone but yourself are responsible for any problems that may occur before, during or after flashing this kernel. You also agree that this kernel is to be flashed ONLY on the LG Viper 4G LTE!

I agree (standard img)

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
What is different:

• Disabled the LG DRM
  • Disabled the re-flashing of stock recovery on boot
  • Enabled some extra modules for the hell of it.

Last edited:

uvstr36

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry it took so long to update on the install.
No error on the flash via terminal emulator.
Bricked stuck on LG splash screen.
Cant enter recovery, factory reset does not help, un bricking now

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry it took so long to update on the install.
No error on the flash via terminal emulator.
Bricked stuck on LG splash screen.
Cant enter recovery, factory reset does not help, un bricking now

Did you do it over adb? It's best to do over adb because flashing from inside the phone corrupts the image.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by thenameisnigel
What is different:

Disabled the LG DRM
Disabled the re-flashing of stock recovery on boot
Enabled some extra modules for the hell of it.

That got me a lil wet.

Lmfaoo.

StephenUtterback

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Any updates?! I feel like you guys are getting so close and i'm getting really excited. :p You folks deserve ten times the thanks you actually have. Hats off to you guys. Especially to thenameisnigel, who, and correct me if i'm wrong, I believe doesn't even OWN a Viper. THAT is some serious dedication. So thanks :D

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Testing this now, won't have my viper longer then 2 more days ...

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Testing this now, won't have my viper longer then 2 more days ...l

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Any updates?! I feel like you guys are getting so close and i'm getting really excited. :p You folks deserve ten times the thanks you actually have. Hats off to you guys. Especially to thenameisnigel, who, and correct me if i'm wrong, I believe doesn't even OWN a Viper. THAT is some serious dedication. So thanks :D
I mean, we can't download SDKs or simply github to get enough information no no no not nigel, see what he does is, he pays a crackhead on the corner outside of the DoD $20 to steal him a viper, he tests, bricks, and returns. daily.

StephenUtterback

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I mean, we can't download SDKs or simply github to get enough information no no no not nigel, see what he does is, he pays a crackhead on the corner outside of the DoD $20 to steal him a viper, he tests, bricks, and returns. daily.

Haha hey you know what I have no idea what i'm doing here or what you guys do. I'm just along for the ride. It's like i'm the moral support who has no idea what the actual workers are doing. I'm just thankful guys like you are all doing this on your free time. SO! With that being said, I think i'm going to stop pestering all of you with questions and duck out for a while to let you work in peace without having to answer all of my questions. Thanks for answering the ones I've asked!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital