Lg viper wifi and 3g problem

Justin Cardwell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My Viper has been fine for the past couple of months, but recently my wifi and 3g keep going in and out of connection. I have also experienced some issues with my phone getting very hot, but i have not gotten a error message saying it has overheated. I do have a app installed that tells the temperature, It said it was 130 degrees F. The battery says to not expose to temperatures of 103. What do I need to do.

anon(963605)

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me a lot. Just turn the phone off and put the battery in the freezer for an hour or so. If you were charging which I'm pretty sure you were, don't turn the phone on until it finishes charging and then use it off the charger. That usually fixes it for me.

Justin Cardwell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure that is safe because your taking it from one extreme to another. This may cause battery performance to go down, for example if someone has frostbite you must slowly heat the affected area up. Should i take the phone in to sprint?

anon(963605)

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
1) The freezer was a joke.
2) DO NOT TAKE IT IN. This isn't needed just take the battery out and let it cool down, then do what I said the first time besides the freezer part lol.

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I went through this for a total of 6 Viper replacements between myself and my girl...it got to a point where id notice them sending refurbished underclocked phones claiming it's a "fix" to overheating, what a rip....anyway I escalated the situation myself and direct dialed a corporate executive in Texas, and i filed a complained on the FCC's website, as soon as you hit up the FCC, sprint will call you back..(two gnex's + extended batteries are on the way to my home)

Justin Cardwell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to sprint this weekend about the overheating of the battery. What should i say, and if they offer me a replacement should I request a different device.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Bro in all honesty the vipers a piece tell them you don't want another junky viper and that you want a good replacement I got the galaxy Nexus in exchange for my viper and it's a wayyyy better phone. Plus theres an insane amount of development for this device take our advice and make the switch you won't be sorry!

Sent from my paranoid galaxy Nexus on 4.2.1 which really has no reason to be paranoid unless he never quit smoking.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I have too agree with slinkies. The samsung galaxy nexus is alot better. you can do about anything you want with it. The only thing I don't like is there is no sd card on nexus. but man there is alot of storage after the rom installed like 27-28 GB of storage for you too use. There is major defect going on with the LG Viper it seems too me it got worse after ICS update. with performance and battery issues . So if you can go too a service repair center and speak too service manager and if you had too many replacement they will offer u the nexus as a replacement or in some cases they will offer HTC EVO 4G LTE. with Jelly Bean

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I never had them replace my viper with another viper after the first one crapped out I just told them I wanted a replacement phone and they offered the gnex or moto photon and photons stuck on gb so gnex it is lol.... Really are they giving evo 4gltes as replacements? Mite have to call and check on that they're pretty nice too idk tho I don't like sense too much kinda like the stock Android feel ya know.

Sent from my paranoid galaxy Nexus on 4.2.1 which really has no reason to be paranoid unless he never quit smoking.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I never had them replace my viper with another viper after the first one crapped out I just told them I wanted a replacement phone and they offered the gnex or moto photon and photons stuck on gb so gnex it is lol.... Really are they giving evo 4gltes as replacements? Mite have to call and check on that they're pretty nice too idk tho I don't like sense too much kinda like the stock Android feel ya know.

I was told I had a choice of motorola photon 4g lte, htc evo 4g lte, Gnex LTE. I picked GNEX. I am happy with the GNEX. I like the idea no bloatware on GNEX Pure google stock and you can do alot more with this device .

Justin Cardwell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I talked to the technical support and they fixed the wifi and 3g problem, i still have overheating at 100 degrees for streaming music and 110 for playing games. How can i convince the store worker to get me a gnexus?

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Don't take no for an answer tell them they either replace your phone or your taking your number to Verizon sprint hates that they will give u one call *2 on ur phone immediately tell them up want to talk to a supervisor tech or regular shouldn't matter and PUSH the overheating issue the most that's the thing that will get u the Nexus its worked for like 10 or more of us former viper owners lol just don't get off the phone with them until they say ok tell them ur tired of junk vipers and that you've had problems with it since you got it and don't want another viper that u want a comparable replacement phone

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Anything over 100 I would consider overheating my old viper topped 128 before I got rid of it averaged 100 to 105 tho with just casual use

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae