Viper lte replacement

Justin Cardwell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Next weekend I am taking my phone to sprint. It has been overheating. What should I tell the store rep. I do not want a used viper. If I get a used viper it is twice as likely I will experience this problem again.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Next weekend I am taking my phone to sprint. It has been overheating. What should I tell the store rep. I do not want a used viper. If I get a used viper it is twice as likely I will experience this problem again.

Any replacement you get is refurbished. Life sucks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk HD

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
thats all you will get even if you go thru 3 lg vipers and they decide too replace it with gnex after the 3rd viper been replaced. the gnex will be refurb.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
thats all you will get even if you go thru 3 lg vipers and they decide too replace it with gnex after the 3rd viper been replaced. the gnex will be refurb.

I tried to get my phone replaced with a Galaxy Nexus because my Galaxy S II kept bricking with the latest OTA and they said they stopped replacing the devices with a different model on Jan 10th.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm calling them in the morning and telling them I want the evo 4g lte my gnex hits 123.86 every time it's on charger and the same with just light googling lol and really just moderate use and I know the evo is one of the replacements I love the gnex don't get me wrong but I don't like my ear lighting on fire when I'm on the phone.

Sent from my paranoid galaxy Nexus on 4.2.1 which really has no reason to be paranoid unless he never quit smoking.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue when I originally got the viper and after three tries I stayed there till they gave me the photon q which was free that day if you scheduled a time at the store to get it.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm calling them in the morning and telling them I want the evo 4g lte my gnex hits 123.86 every time it's on charger and the same with just light googling lol and really just moderate use and I know the evo is one of the replacements I love the gnex don't get me wrong but I don't like my ear lighting on fire when I'm on the phone.

Sent from my paranoid galaxy Nexus on 4.2.1 which really has no reason to be paranoid unless he never quit smoking.

They don't give different model devices anymore as stated in post 4. Plus since they gave you a Nexus already, and you're trying to get a different model, your account is sure to get red flagged for fraud. If you don't believe me, read the Sprint TOS and Asurion TOS. Specifically account fraud I believe.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been with sprint for 15 years I doubt I'll get red flagged u never know but I doubt it why would they be thinking fraud they sold me a crappy phone in the first ace and then replaced it with another one I signed a new 2yr agreement in hope of having a sweet phone and instead I get a handheld oven idk doesn't hurt to try though I'll let u guys know what happens lol

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I originally bought my viper from best buy as well but why does that make such a difference? Not being a smart ass just curious.

Ezduzit

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I originally bought my viper from best buy as well but why does that make such a difference? Not being a smart ass just curious.

Who's protection plan do you have?

Sent from my busa!

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Sprints TEP I believe it's like 8 bucks a month or something like that.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
And I believe they're no longer replacing the s2 with a different model its old and outdated just saying the viper came out in
2012 and the e4gt came out in 2011 ergo outdated idk I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow and see what happens I've been with sprint so long I don't see them refusing me the evo.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

Mainly that they have a 14 return policy and from my experience they will either let you swap it for a phone thats also on sale at the time as in if say phone xyz is free today or equal to what you paid for the phone you're returning they will do it or you simply give the phone back and tell them give you back your upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Sprints TEP I believe it's like 8 bucks a month or something like that.

Yea and a huge deductible. Best Buy has none.

Justin Cardwell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
When i talked with the rep you must go to bestbuy for a replacement, but i don't think they can trace back that info

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
6 months ago was when it was purchased

Yea no store is going to replace it because there is no telling what you did to it(not that you did but from a business standpoint its no longer their problem)

If you've had it this long I can't imagine it didn't overheat sooner as mine did from day one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance