ZVK Install + Download Update.zip

sparkyslots

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
After ZVK download I get a verification error. Any thoughts on how to fix this? I unrooted and used the lg software to do a clean install but still get this error after the update downloads.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

sparkyslots

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
What? I don't have any custom recovery. Just the stock one. Besides there is no working recovery for ICS as of yet from what I have read.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

sparkyslots

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I got it all working again the ZVK install was no fun for me as stated before in the forum. I had to do a complete fresh install and update the ICS Universal Root XDA File the. So I though I would list the steps here to help all wh needs it here.

Step are as follows:

1 Do a complete reset of your phone, but make sure you do back up all your apps. The firmware reset can be found here.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ur-phone-back-factory-unbrick-your-phone.html
MAKE SURE YOU USE -- VZD.
2 Let the phone update to VZI ICS don't go any further until the VZI udate is complete.
3 Use ICS Universal Root -XDA the new version can be found here. Root MANY ANDROID! [Upd: 18.12.2012] - xda-developers
use the newest version (Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18).
4 After the you complete this step DON'T let the phone update to ZVK go into the market and grab the app Voodoo OTA RootKeeper let it do its thing. After you run the app to protect your root do a temp unroot with RootKeeper it will keep the su backed up.
5 Now let the ZVK update run through once your phone restarts go to RootKeeper and restore your root and all is done.
6 Restore backed up apps and setting and enjoy.

Hope this helps.

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I had issues at first, but used a Root Cleaner app to wipe cache, dalvik and fix permissions in lieu of a recovery. All good after that.

Sent from my JellyBean-Flavored Nook HD+ using Tapatalk 2

superflysocal

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: ZVK Update.zip Download

I don't even have a local folder uner data. Where did you find that file exactly? Also, what about if we manually put that file into the folder where you found it and check for update?
Could that alleviate having tolose everythingand start over?

Own3r

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't even have a local folder uner data. Where did you find that file exactly? Also, what about if we manually put that file into the folder where you found it and check for update?
Could that alleviate having tolose everythingand start over?

Its in the cache folder. Not in local or data.

StephenUtterback

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey I followed all the instructions but I got the whole "Verifying current system.... Installation aborted" message while I was in stock recovery. I'm rooted on ICS and the OTA keeps getting pushed to my phone, but it just boots me to recovery and the update package is in my cache and on the root of the SD, but it always gives me the "Installation aborted" log. Help?

Own3r

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey I followed all the instructions but I got the whole "Verifying current system.... Installation aborted" message while I was in stock recovery. I'm rooted on ICS and the OTA keeps getting pushed to my phone, but it just boots me to recovery and the update package is in my cache and on the root of the SD, but it always gives me the "Installation aborted" log. Help?

You need to reflash. Use the unbrick method thread to reflash ZVI. Root and use ota rootkeeper. Then update to ZVK. MAKE SURE TO TEMP UNROOT BEFORE YOU UPDATE TO ZVK.

singon69

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Well I got it all working again the ZVK install was no fun for me as stated before in the forum. I had to do a complete fresh install and update the ICS Universal Root XDA File the. So I though I would list the steps here to help all wh needs it here.

Step are as follows:

1 Do a complete reset of your phone, but make sure you do back up all your apps. The firmware reset can be found here.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ur-phone-back-factory-unbrick-your-phone.html
MAKE SURE YOU USE -- VZD.
2 Let the phone update to VZI ICS don't go any further until the VZI udate is complete.
3 Use ICS Universal Root -XDA the new version can be found here. Root MANY ANDROID! [Upd: 18.12.2012] - xda-developers
use the newest version (Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18).
4 After the you complete this step DON'T let the phone update to ZVK go into the market and grab the app Voodoo OTA RootKeeper let it do its thing. After you run the app to protect your root do a temp unroot with RootKeeper it will keep the su backed up.
5 Now let the ZVK update run through once your phone restarts go to RootKeeper and restore your root and all is done.
6 Restore backed up apps and setting and enjoy.

Hope this helps.

ok im trying to restore my Viper To a Rootable OS which i think is Gingerbread but which is the Gingerbread? is it the LS840ZVD(?) or the LS840ZVI(?) or the ZVK(ICS 4.0.4) which is the one installed on my phone right now? i was able to download the ZVD but the ZVI file link is broken can you please post another link of the file?
Also i think i need to downgrade to gingerbread the upgrade to another ZVI the do the rooting then do the Root keepking thingy then update to ZVK

sorry i just dont wanna mess up my phone, can anyone help cause im a noob and this guide is kind of confuses me at times..
sorryi also have tried the XDA ICS universal root and it doesnt work on this version of ZVK ICS.

thanks in advanced