compass points east instead of north

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that after I upgraded to ZVI (ICS) in the maps app the direction that it shows me as pointing was wrong. I got a simple compass app and it shows the compass as pointing east instead of north. I upgraded to ZVK and had the same issue. I tried other compass apps and they all behave the same way. I tried all the compass calibration tips I could find on the internet and nothing fixed it.
I went back to ZVD just to check and the compass works normally (points north). I assume it's just a software bug that will never get fixed because this is now an outdated phone and LG doesn't care and no one else can fix it because the bootloader is locked now...sigh...

Does anyone else notice this issue or is something just wrong with my phone? Can someone else with an LG Viper check and see which way their compass points with the ZVI or ZVK software?

Last edited:

adustan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem as you, except that it isn't always wrong in the same direction. It seems to just randomly pick an orientation. It wasn't like this when I got it, but I can't remember if the problem started with ZVI or not. Doubt we will find a solution...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2