Looking for up to date unlock/root guides or information...

Matt Sturgeon

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey yall,

I picked up this phone when my main phone went down. Now I am wanting to at least do some mobile hotspot with this device in my home and obviously need root for this to work. I have browsed the threads here but am having trouble determining what information is up to date and what is out of date. The phone is stock and has taken all the recent OTA updates. I believe it is running on ICS but it may be Jelly Bean? I can confirm when I get home, but in the meantime, can anyone point me to the right direction, will the old methods still work? Is there a new method? What has worked recently on a stock Viper?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

troark97

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Foxfi needs no root. Unless ur downloading/uploading files over 100mB. Then u gotta pay. If u prefer torrenting, then look for foxfi key on TPB.

I do not condone pirating. I'm not responsible for your actions.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

Matt Sturgeon

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Its for my wife's tablet, she goes crazy with the facebook and instagram. I'm afraid she would pass 100mb in a day or so. When rooted the wireless tether is so easy I was hoping there was an easy root method or at least bearable with moderate difficulty. Is this "ICS Universal Root -XDA" method still valid?

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Jb wasn't released for the viper yet. Yes ics universal root still works.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ICS Universal doesn't work on zvk, right?

Unless something changed, to get root, you'll need to follow the unbrick method to go back to zvi, root with ics universal, ota Rootkeeper, then take the zvk update and restore root. Hopefully someone confirms this.

Sent from my JellyBean-Flavored SGS-III running a Morphed & KT747-powered CleanBean4.0 using Tapatalk 2.

Matt Sturgeon

May 28, 2013
Visit site
ICS Universal doesn't work on zvk, right?

Unless something changed, to get root, you'll need to follow the unbrick method to go back to zvi, root with ics universal, ota Rootkeeper, then take the zvk update and restore root. Hopefully someone confirms this.

Sent from my JellyBean-Flavored SGS-III running a Morphed & KT747-powered CleanBean4.0 using Tapatalk 2.

I figured this was the way.... but maybe its easy? With the LG flash software?

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Not too terrible. The lg flash tool, yeah.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz