Notification LED in ICS?

someguyatx

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Is there any to make the notification LED work on ICS with SMS/MMS? I tried Lightwave, Blink and 3rd party sms programs and no luck.

I know this forum is nearly dead but figured I would give it a shot.

someguyatx

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I found an old thread here about this topic and editing settings.xml and now the led notification works and flashes green for sms

The setting is notification_light_pluse and you have to change the value from 0 to 1

Above Requires root

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I actually found notification_light_pluse in the com.android.providers.settings/settings.db > system sql table, but when I try to edit it with sqlite editor it says "update failed: error 5 database is locked" ...

someguyatx

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
You must be rooted but I used es file explorer and the root explorer option. From root explorer select mount RW then change /system to RW access so you can edit the settings.xml file. After you are done editing change it back to RO access

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Well I had to search for it since you still didn't actually tell me where it was... Its /system/etc/settings.xml

I changed it from 0 to 1 and rebooted and sent myself an sms and the light didn't do anything so I guess it doesn't work. This is in ICS; maybe in GB it works?

Last edited:

someguyatx

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Im running ICS version ZVK

Was your screen off when the sms was received? There is no ledif screen is on or phone is plugged in

someguyatx

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
That is odd, mine is working for sms, email, gmail. On your sms do you have display message notifications checked?

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes display message notifications is turned on. I also have new message popup turned on. Do you have this turned on?

Just to be sure, is /system/etc/settings.xml the file you edited? And you changed the 0 in this line to a 1?:
Code:
<parameter db="system" name="notification_light_pulse">0</parameter>

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown