Has any dev looked into loki tools?

uvstr36

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Loki tools, from what I can understand, creates custom recovery and kernal .img
that allow you to bypass the locked bootloader (not unlock) thus allowing you to flash roms
It was created for the sg4 but supports a few Lg phones.
Like the motion, lucid , and g pro. It is not noob friendly. Any dev want to check it out.
https://github.com/djrbliss/loki

anon(963605)

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'll look into it and post the file to flash here with directions ;)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This will actually take me a while, it's a whole new story with Ubuntu and sudo access when running stuff.

Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
You guys aren't going to let this phone rest in piece I see, lmfao.

I'll go get the normal devs here so we can start.

I think the Viper has been officially pronounced a Zombie. Revived from the dead.

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Well I'll admit that this phone has potential, it could be screaming fast by note if anyone was working on it.

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Tapatalk 2

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Seriously? adding random numbers and changing teh version string to fackyomama is your idea of adding support? then you have the nerve to post on g+ saying you beat the bootloader. as it stands youve already pissed dan off, this kind of behaviour may be ok when making stuff for this device, but its not when you try to get someone like dan involved.

https://github.com/djrbliss/loki/pull/3

this device was unlocked at launch, i havent been keeping up with it but im gonna assume it got an ota to ics, why arent you guys just using the old aboot's like the lucid guys do?

p.s. all those addresses needed for loki are in the aboot, not boot.img

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Seriously? adding random numbers and changing teh version string to fackyomama is your idea of adding support? then you have the nerve to post on g+ saying you beat the bootloader. as it stands youve already pissed dan off, this kind of behaviour may be ok when making stuff for this device, but its not when you try to get someone like dan involved.

https://github.com/djrbliss/loki/pull/3

http://i.imgur.com/xhVCtAQ.png

this device was unlocked at launch, i havent been keeping up with it but im gonna assume it got an ota to ics, why arent you guys just using the old aboot's like the lucid guys do?

p.s. all those addresses needed for loki are in the aboot, not boot.img

Actually, no. Read Dan's comments on the GitHub commit. Shabby, can you read comment #10 on this thread, or I'll just post a link to not waste your time. Click Here.

And if you actually read the commit instead of overreacting, you would've realized that I did revert those commits such as "fack". It was just me messing around with loki, as I did some commits. The define function actually caught my attention, and I wanted to see something, because it would be easier to use the define function in a little project I was working on located HERE, which is a project to help non-savy users make an Android build.

And you should ALSO check out my response to him after he showed his disapproval of my post: https://github.com/djrbliss/loki/pull/3#issuecomment-21727790
And you should ALSO check out his response: https://github.com/djrbliss/loki/pull/3#issuecomment-21735654

Honestly Shabby, I know you did A LOT of work on the Epic 4G Touch forums (or am I confusing you with another) and I do respect you and I respect Dan. So please don't turn this into a flame war, especially when I did acknowledge I did make a mistake by posting it, and I did remove the post at his request.

And also I made the Google Plus posts out of happiness that I *thought* I could actually get it working, but when I realized I couldn't, I submitted the pull, and asked for help and APOLOGIZED for my posts, and I thought he accepted my apology, but I guess not.

Also Shabby, can you PM me as well? Honestly, it would've been better if you told me that my post was offending you and him in my PM box. I didn't even get to see his comment until I woke up.

Also, that goes to anyone: If you do see that I'm doing something wrong, please just PM me. I'll respond to you professionally, and it would get to me quicker, so I can remove the offending posts.

Edit: Also, I thought the LG Motion was similar enough for it to work with the same check_sig, and hdr address? But you didn't check that didn't you? You saw what you wanted to see, and what you wanted to see was a troll, not a regular guy just trying to help out this community. That being said, I am just going to ask Dan directly for his support. If he doesn't want to help me, so be it? But there was no need for your flame post in the thread. My email address is public on my GitHub, so you could've just emailed me there, and I would've got it as soon as I woke.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Alright then, but anyway in the comments, Dan and Shabby said we need the aboot.img as it is different than the boot.img, I guess? I don't have a Viper, so I guess uvstr36 will provide it to him, and there's a CWM and COT recovery you guys can use when you get it working.

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Actually, no. Read Dan's comments on the GitHub commit. Shabby, can you read comment #10 on this thread, or I'll just post a link to not waste your time. Click Here.

And if you actually read the commit instead of overreacting, you would've realized that I did revert those commits such as "fack". It was just me messing around with loki, as I did some commits. The define function actually caught my attention, and I wanted to see something, because it would be easier to use the define function in a little project I was working on located HERE, which is a project to help non-savy users make an Android build.

And you should ALSO check out my response to him after he showed his disapproval of my post: https://github.com/djrbliss/loki/pull/3#issuecomment-21727790
And you should ALSO check out his response: https://github.com/djrbliss/loki/pull/3#issuecomment-21735654

Honestly Shabby, I know you did A LOT of work on the Epic 4G Touch forums (or am I confusing you with another) and I do respect you and I respect Dan. So please don't turn this into a flame war, especially when I did acknowledge I did make a mistake by posting it, and I did remove the post at his request.

And also I made the Google Plus posts out of happiness that I *thought* I could actually get it working, but when I realized I couldn't, I submitted the pull, and asked for help and APOLOGIZED for my posts, and I thought he accepted my apology, but I guess not.

Also Shabby, can you PM me as well? Honestly, it would've been better if you told me that my post was offending you and him in my PM box. I didn't even get to see his comment until I woke up.

Also, that goes to anyone: If you do see that I'm doing something wrong, please just PM me. I'll respond to you professionally, and it would get to me quicker, so I can remove the offending posts.

Edit: Also, I thought the LG Motion was similar enough for it to work with the same check_sig, and hdr address? But you didn't check that didn't you? You saw what you wanted to see, and what you wanted to see was a troll, not a regular guy just trying to help out this community. That being said, I am just going to ask Dan directly for his support. If he doesn't want to help me, so be it? But there was no need for your flame post in the thread. My email address is public on my GitHub, so you could've just emailed me there, and I would've got it as soon as I woke.

I'm aware that you reverted the commits, this isnt/wasnt intended to be a flame attack. what i saw was you posting that you had beat the bootloader which according to teh time stamps you posted on g+ after you submitted that pull request. what i took from that was face value of you posting about it, my post was meant to educate not only you but everyone else here. dan expressed his concerns with it over on github in the conversation you two had. dan has had a lot of people ripping off his work and/or discrediting him, ive known dan for a few years and take offense for him since he tends to be on the nice side of things when things go sour. so for the commits i saw and your request of well it doesnt work mind fixing it? combined with your g+ post i dont think i jumped too far from what most people would think. i do apologize though.

glad to see everything got situated like i said in my post aboot and a copy of recovery image with a tester for dan should suffice if he has the available time etc, i am by no means his manager or saying he will or wont work on anything. what he does is from him :p

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm aware that you reverted the commits, this isnt/wasnt intended to be a flame attack. what i saw was you posting that you had beat the bootloader which according to teh time stamps you posted on g+ after you submitted that pull request. what i took from that was face value of you posting about it, my post was meant to educate not only you but everyone else here. dan expressed his concerns with it over on github in the conversation you two had. dan has had a lot of people ripping off his work and/or discrediting him, ive known dan for a few years and take offense for him since he tends to be on the nice side of things when things go sour. so for the commits i saw and your request of well it doesnt work mind fixing it? combined with your g+ post i dont think i jumped too far from what most people would think. i do apologize though.

glad to see everything got situated like i said in my post aboot and a copy of recovery image with a tester for dan should suffice if he has the available time etc, i am by no means his manager or saying he will or wont work on anything. what he does is from him :p

Yep, thanks! And glad to get this resolved. And if I get my hands on the "aboot.img" I'll send it to him.

kanishk619

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I may have aboot and boot backup from some ics version of viper, however m not sure of what version it is. The dump is raw and is obtained over jtag chain, let me know if you are interested.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance