After root?

troark97

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I have ZVK rooted and a couple things installed, but when i had my opti s, i could swap kernals, roms, recoveries, etc. We all know thats unavailable for our (ICS) vipers. So, what do you guyslike to do after you root your devices?
P.S. Dont take this too seriously, its more for fun than information :p

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I have ZVK rooted and a couple things installed, but when i had my opti s, i could swap kernals, roms, recoveries, etc. We all know thats unavailable for our (ICS) vipers. So, what do you guyslike to do after you root your devices?
P.S. Dont take this too seriously, its more for fun than information :p

Using game hack tools and being able to disable annoying advertisements online.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
What about Xposed framwork and its modules? Any luck with that?

Sent from my LG-LS840 using AC Forums mobile app

I wouldn't try it either, without a proper working recovery to make backups with on ICS. You have to be extremely careful, messing around in the system partition, as even minor changes can cause a bootloop or soft brick. The only way to recover from which, is the lg tools.

Last I heard Nigel was semi close to actually bypassing the boot loader with Dan's Loki tools program, and Dan himself is also working on it. Its just neither of them have the device, so its a slow process.

Once that's out of the way, you'll see ROMs and kernels pop up like wildfire. Hell it may even get a response from lg and sprint.

You may be able to write some scripts to help you out, or manually install zips from xda, using a root explorer app, but once again without a proper working recovery, the odds are against you, as even a script can cause something dangerous to happen.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2