[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

James7344

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
So, without sounding like an a hole. What can I do to help to get auto rotate working? I'm running AOKP beta and like stated before, my lights stay off whenever auto rotate is not working.

side note: I can over clock at much higher than cm7, almost to max, but when I come out of a deep sleep, no matter what low level it is, 122-480, I'll go into a boot loop that won't stop until re flash. This will happen after any changing of oc but operates perfectly and no freezes happen during stress tests

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
So, without sounding like an a hole. What can I do to help to get auto rotate working? I'm running AOKP beta and like stated before, my lights stay off whenever auto rotate is not working.

side note: I can over clock at much higher than cm7, almost to max, but when I come out of a deep sleep, no matter what low level it is, 122-480, I'll go into a boot loop that won't stop until re flash. This will happen after any changing of oc but operates perfectly and no freezes happen during stress tests

I will need to research this. My guess is that it's a kernel issue.

The Vortex build is currently running a kernel based off of the LS670 Gingerbread sources and then modified to support ICS. This works splendidly for the VM670 because the hardware is identical. But since the Vortex model number is VS660, I suspect the hardware is a bit different (and a bit older). So the kernel driver may not be driving the hardware properly.

James7344

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I will need to research this. My guess is that it's a kernel issue.

The Vortex build is currently running a kernel based off of the LS670 Gingerbread sources and then modified to support ICS. This works splendidly for the VM670 because the hardware is identical. But since the Vortex model number is VS660, I suspect the hardware is a bit different (and a bit older). So the kernel driver may not be driving the hardware properly.

I believe that AOKP still does not work for our VS660 now. This is because no matter what is changed, I recieve a boot loop now. Whenever I so much as touch my phone now to unlock, it freezes then boots either to lg or unicorn splash. I suppose cm9 is what I should be on for now

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I believe that AOKP still does not work for our VS660 now. This is because no matter what is changed, I recieve a boot loop now. Whenever I so much as touch my phone now to unlock, it freezes then boots either to lg or unicorn splash. I suppose cm9 is what I should be on for now

Thanks. I wasn't aware of this issue. Can you get a logcat output and, if the phone does a full reboot to the LG logo, a copy of /proc/last_kmsg?

kappacat

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay, First off. Excitement for Beta! WOOOT!!!!
anyway, The few problems, not really major I don't think, but still there.
Screen Rotation - Yes, I did read the post right before this and I actually did figure that was the reason. especially since the cm7 rom had the same problem. Had to use the Froyo kernel (GetItNowMarketing) on that cm7 build just to get it to work.
Bluetooth - just the reboot when it's turned off. (same as the VM670)
Panarama - A common problem from what I hear.
Speakerphone/Mic volume - Too low, can only be heard when speakerphone is clicked. When speakerphone is clicked only raises mic volume doesn't actually turn on speaker phone.
Cm7 had the same problem. (Had to use the froyo kernel for that as well)

Not sure if the info helps, But there it is.
All I have for now. Keep up the good work.

EDIT: Oh, and the roaming thing too.

Powmining

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

That's weird! I tested AOKP and it worked fine on my Vortex it was even faster than CM9..

MWisBest

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
AOKP is running for me just fine, minus the screen rotation (motion sensors in general) and mic volume issue of course. Bluetooth reboot isn't an issue for me as I don't use bluetooth, and I'd never use the panorama feature.

EDIT: I tried copying the ami304d out of the working version I had with the Froyo kernel on CM7 to this and it was a no-go. Must be that it isn't compatible with ICS or something more is needed.

James7344

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
AOKP is running for me just fine, minus the screen rotation (motion sensors in general) and mic volume issue of course. Bluetooth reboot isn't an issue for me as I don't use bluetooth, and I'd never use the panorama feature.

EDIT: I tried copying the ami304d out of the working version I had with the Froyo kernel on CM7 to this and it was a no-go. Must be that it isn't compatible with ICS or something more is needed.

Well i mean if everyone elses AOKP is working, maybe I had flashed wrong somehow but my cm9 is working correctly. Whenever i flash to new roms, i remove sd and wipe all then re insert and wipe cache and dalvik cache then flash, reboot phone into android, mess with it a bit, then reboot to recovery, flash gapps, then done. If you are all confident that AOKP works, I suppose I will attempt a new download of it and try flashing once again probably in a few days

James7344

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I wasn't aware of this issue. Can you get a logcat output and, if the phone does a full reboot to the LG logo, a copy of /proc/last_kmsg?

I flashed back to cm9 already. If this is still needed i can flash back and do it if you tell me the steps to do so.

MWisBest

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well i mean if everyone elses AOKP is working, maybe I had flashed wrong somehow but my cm9 is working correctly. Whenever i flash to new roms, i remove sd and wipe all then re insert and wipe cache and dalvik cache then flash, reboot phone into android, mess with it a bit, then reboot to recovery, flash gapps, then done. If you are all confident that AOKP works, I suppose I will attempt a new download of it and try flashing once again probably in a few days

I always do this:

1. Make a full nandroid backup.
2. Wipe:
- Data/Factory Reset
- /data
- /cache
- /sdcard/.android_secure
- /system
- Dalvik-Cache
3. Flash ROM.
4. Flash gapps (make sure you get a version the dev recommends if they recommend one, which this dev has one on the ROM page).
5. Reboot.

I have no idea why you flash your ROMs like you do, seems really strange. I wouldn't doubt if that was the cause if your issue.

MWisBest

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
BUG REPORT:
The power button is wonky. One press on it gets registered as two. When I try to shut the screen off by pressing the button (not holding), the screen shuts off, but it then will make the sound of the screen unlocking and I would attribute this as to why the display is using so much battery as it is running even when I try to shut it off. Also, when I HOLD the power button, I end up with two (2) option screens coming up, the ones for turning phone off and whatnot (duplicates).

Current partial-workaround:
- Letting the display shut itself off after the time limit seems okay, although I haven't tested this extensively it at least doesn't make the unlocking sound when the screen shuts off.

So yeah, battery life is terrible with this.

Tested with AOKP-beta1, have not tested CM9 yet.

Reactions: tdm

MWisBest

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I'll add that to the known issues. It's been that way since the first ics build. Same story with the clock lag.

Just to add to that, I'm not sure if this is intended behavior or not but once the power option screen comes up (both, actually) you can let go of the power button and then hold it down again to bring up another power option screen (again, two of them). I haven't messed with a phone with official ICS on it so I wouldn't know if that is something ICS allows you to do or not, but I don't remember this on Gingerbread at all.

kappacat

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay, this is on cm9. It's happened a few different times that when I leave the google+ app the screen no longer lets me touch. The menu button still worked. but that was all. Until a battery pull. then everything boots back to normal.

A logcat of it happening, Screen unreachable - Pastebin.com

EDIT:Same thing just happened in market with the market. I'm going to try re-flashing.

Second Edit: okay, decided against re-flashing just to see if I could tweak the settings to fix it. So I raised my overclocking to 825, enabled "Don't keep activities", and disabled "surface dithering". Haven't had a problem since.

Last edited:
Reactions: tdm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech