Custom recovery for Vortex?

kingtuk1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
recovery mode

I have tried using the 3 button method from power off mode and also using the quick boot app. All that happens to me is that my phone gets reset and I lose all my contacts, apps and settings. Help Please:confused:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
any chance your pressing volume up instead of volume down?

the button combo is press and hold volume down + home + power and dont release any buttons until you're at recovery. Also this needs to be done when the phone is off, not on.

kingtuk1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Recovery Custom

I copied the 2 unzipped files to the root of the SD card and did the home+vol_down+power. It goes to a screen with a Droid and a box with an arrow. Then after the Verizon splash screen it runs the setup wizard to setup my phone for the first time. It does this same thing when I install the quick boot app and tell it to reboot into recovery mode.

Has anyone been successful with custom recovery and LG Vortex?

ish91388

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
i cannot get the vortex out of fastboot at all no matter what buttons i press or hold can someone please send me a solution asap email to ish91388@gmail.com thanks

anon374620

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
any chance your pressing volume up instead of volume down?

the button combo is press and hold volume down + home + power and dont release any buttons until you're at recovery. Also this needs to be done when the phone is off, not on.
I have followed these keys strokes multiple time, ensuring that the proper keys are being selected, ever time it reset the phone to factory settings. Even using the app 'RomManger' reboot in recovery mode reset the phone to factory settings. PLEASE HELP! :(

Spliffferous

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
same happens on a friends vortex.... i tried to access the stock recovery that i was anticipating would be similar to the one that my optimus V had before i put Xionia on it..... imagine our surprise when the thing reboots with the stock wallpaper and icons on it...:mad:

Last edited: