Screen saver pops up randomly!?

BrucieBC

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I got a Cert Pre owned LG Vortex 2.2.2 from Verizon wireless.com about a week ago. I replaced a Devour do to a cracked screen. From "day one" straight out of the box I have been having the same problem. I've spent every minute of free time I have trying to figure out whats going on to no avail. Heres what happens, for no reason that I can find, when the back light is on a "screen saver-ish" looking screen randomly pops up on the screen, and then goes away, then pops up, then goes away. Over and over! it doesn't matter what your doing, or what apps you have open, it will keep doing it ever few seconds. Sometimes it doesn't do it, but most of the time it does. It will open, then close over and over even if your in the middle of typing a text. I first thought It was a screen saver like I said earlier, but I cant seem to find any options in the phone that indicate it even has a screen saver. I dont know where it comes from, or even how to purposely activate this screen saver like screen. The screen itself has a small round "back light on/off" button in the top right corner, a built in non-movable weather widget at the top, a clock, and 4 or five buttons at the bottom that control things like alarm clock, texts, and a home button. Its almost impossible to use the phone because in the middle of doing anything this screen keeps opening and then closing randomly on its own for seemingly NO REASON AT ALL!! and if your lucky enough to experience this act during a phone call, every time it opens it turns speaker phone on which is always tons of fun when I'm at work trying to be quiet. Anyway, Has anyone even ever heard of this problem? If not is it worth trying to root and get rid of all the bloatware that might be causing this issue? Any insite on this would be very much appreciated.

emokidyaydeath4

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem on my vortex. I have rooted and frozen most of the bloatware, it now does that less often, though it still happens and can be just as annoying at times. I'm still working on a fix, I'm gonna try installing a new stock ROM and maybe some others to see if that fixes it, if I find a way around it i'll let you know.

As a side note, if you plan on keeping the vortex, rooting is the way to go. Even with the couple glitches i still haven't gotten rid of, it runs much better with the bloatware frozen and most of my apps moved to the sd card. My phone memory is barely used, which sped up the system extremely. You can also wirelessly tether for free(within reason cause verizon will notice too much usage) and overclock your processor if any of that sounds appealing.

Samfrasha

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
any new solutions???? I just got this phone from someone and it has started doing it. I cannot stand it, it doesnt do it all the time but I would like to finish a text or play a game without having this happen because it is quite ANNOYING.

I dont know much about these phones and emokidyaydeath4, Im not sure what you are saying to do, if it helps a little bit I will try it. I need some kind of solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze